What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dionaea seedlings

I just wanted to show around my very first vfts ever. I took the pictures this wednesday. they're about 3 weeks old. Hope you enjoy.

Sweeeet!! Looks just like my seedlings. Good luck with them :D

Congratulations on your new babies! Where are the cigars? :)

wow!!!

that is SOOO cute!! look at their mini traps. how darling. i always wanted to raise my own baby VFTs from infancy.

Carito! You’re back! It’s nice to see you again.

:-D Thank you thank you!

Very nice! How many seedlings do you have? Four? How many seeds did you originally sow?

That will be fun to watch them grow big and strong!

xvart.

I've got about 20 of these guys. I just took photos of the "larger" ones. I must have had about 50 seeds... they came from the ICPS.
Thank you all for he compliments

I have tried to germinate VFT's twice, with no luck, I must be doing something wrong. Your seedlings look great! Good luck with them, I hear they can be fickle.

I got a bunch of em from the ICPS too. I stratified em for 5 weeks and they started popping up after 27 days. I'm hoping I will be able to feed the little guys soon. I need some REALLY tiny bugs to do that though..

I have heard that VFT's require not stratification. Not true?

they do not require it.

Just and update, and I picture I really like.

Those are looking good villa99. I've got one that is slightly bigger that was a hitch hiker with a sundew. The sundew died but I kept the pot because there was a little speck of green at the base of the dead plant. A week later it was obvious that what was growing was a VFT and not new growth from the sundew. :suspect:

awwww so cute and wittle!!!

Back