What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus flytrap "Tree" soon available!!

I've only transplanted one of them out of the flats I use to grow my store's plants in... I didn't rinse the roots, but they appeared fairly normal. That's why the one that flowered above is cropped... the picture was kinda confusing since it's sitting with so many other VFTs so close by :p

Wow! This topic DEFINITELY needs updating! Andrew said the base rosette died off like in the regular pictures and only the tree part of it remains. Any updates?

They explain this phenomenom at sarracena.com.

I know this is really old, but any updates you can remember?

Honestly, I think the plants formed this way because of a specific way that I had trimmed the flowers off. Although, I can't remember what I was doing to cause the plants to do it now LOL :-( Once the stalk got too heavy and fell over, the rosettes resumed growth as normal. Those plants are now out there... somewhere.... :-))
But I'm confident they won't do it again, unless a method similar to whatever I was doing is used to trim off the stalks. I'll try to figure out again what it was next spring and share it with you all in case you want to give it a try.
Andrew

a method similar to whatever I was doing is used to trim off the stalks.

Garden shears rubbed with magical snake blood?
~Joe

Maybe it's a mutant mistake with good ole' auxin and lateral bud activation upon the flower beheading?

What possible details do you remember about ppinching it?

Back