Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May VFT pics

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May VFT pics

Well, its raining at Indy so I figured I would grab the cam and snap a few VFT shots.. Hope you enjoy

Steve

First up.. 1955 Typical (BobZ)

Next is a shot of my Green Dragon bowl. The bowl is 11" across and 5.5" deep. Inside are Green Dragon vfts, D. filiformis Tracii, D. nidiformis, D. capillaris, D. peltata, D. binata Multifida Extrema, and D. burmannii

These next 3 are "Creeping Death". This plant has a strange habit of growing its leaves with the traps facing upwards almost right from the start, unlike most that have the trap folded untill almost the time when the trap opens.

This is a "Fused Tooth". Notice that the previous trap looked like a typical. The newest leaf has the definate fused charictaristics.

Here are a couple shots of "Hennings Giant" This plant has pretty nice red in the traps. Probably one of my best colored plants in my collection.

This one is "Jaws" x "Petite Dragon"
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, here is a wide shot of a bunch of mixed plants... There are "Dingley Giant", "All Green", "Big Jaws" x self, Typicals, and a few other misc vft's and dews in here.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice collection. My "Creeping Death" variety looks exactly the same as yours and is at the same stage of growth. The dragon bowl is stunning.
    VFT's to offer here===>http://www.phongvft.org

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice collection. That's why you're the VFT Guy
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys... and here are a few more.

first up, Red Piranha

Next is "Pink Venus"

Here is a nice hungry "Jaws"

These next couple are "Cupped Traps". This one seems to be taking its time getting comfortable in my conditions.

This one is "B-52". It was extremely tiny when I got it but is growing consistently so far this year.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the "Green Dragon" bowl.

What is "Creeping Death" all about? I haven't found a good description of this var. Same with 'Burbank's Best'.

My 'Cupped Trap' is adjusting slowly too, after two flower stalks. I'm afraid to repot it and send it back further. It's finally showing the "circinate" trap spine growth that is supposed to be characteristic of this cultivar:
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the Pink Venus!!

My pink venus is a one year old runt. I got it two months ago and it's at a good growth rate. Can't wait 'til it sizes up!
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments about the Green Dragon bowl. That is one of my favorite displays also.

Nice collection. My "Creeping Death" variety looks exactly the same as yours and is at the same stage of growth. The dragon bowl is stunning.
    Hi Phong, long time no see. Does your plant show the same charactaristic of the upwards facing traps?

What "Creeping Death" all about? I haven't found a good description of this var. Same with 'Burbank's Best'.
    NAN, I honestly do not know much about this one. I received it in February from BobZ along with most of the rest of the plants from the first batch of pics. Perhaps if Bob reads this he can shed some light about this variety.

Love the Pink Venus!!

My pink venus is a one year old runt. I got it two months ago and it's at a good growth rate. Can't wait 'til it sizes up!
    Fryster, my Pink Venus was purchased in July 2006, so this is my first full season with this plant. I have a small pot of 2 divisions that I made when I got it, but they are nowhere near as large as the plant in the photo. I would say that my experience is similar to yours with this one.. it grows strong and consistant.. not necessarily "fast".. but healthy.

Cheers
    Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast