User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If I give my VFT all day sun And a floresent lamp will that be better than just sun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside would give the plant the best growing conditions - they'll thrive in full sun (acclimatize them if they're new to the outdoors), will appreciate the air flow (less chance of mold) and will receive natural rain water (no salts) as they do in the wild. If you're growing in pots just set them in a tray/reservoir with about 1" of water. Remember, generally do not use tapwater - use distilled, reverse osmosis, de-ionized, or rain water as these will contain no harmful salts. Also, just remember to use the standard sphagnum peat mixed with either silica sand or perlite and your plant will reward you with beautiful traps all summer long.

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am doing all that you listed, only growing them inside with good lights, and filtered sunlight. I live in Kansas, and it gets fairly cold in the winter, the wind blows on an average of 15 to 30 mph everyday (gusting up to 55 on Tuesday), and right now my traps are small so the wind would blow them out of the soil. lol So them being outside is just not an option at this point in time. Do you get better results growing them outside?

I appologize if these questions have been answered somewhere on the forum already.
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep. better results when grown outside. however, if you're really worried about the unpredictable elements outside, you can grow your plants on the windowsill. I grew one of my first vfts on a windowsill facing south. i didnt have to worry about wind or rain. the plant was getting all the sun it needed.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got back into the hobby after a short absence but in the past I've always gotten better results outside - bigger and redder traps and plants that were generally more robust. Plus the only thing I really needed to worry about was making sure there was always water in the trays, other than that they would take care of feeding themselves.

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the help.
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12