What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

at night should the vft be brought inside so that it can have good humidity

theweedking24

theweedking
amungst other things? and also are ther any predators that eat vft

You'll find moving your plant around a lot will do more damage than good. Plants need to adjust and acclimate to their growing conditions. You'll find some horror stories about people who have moved their plants all over the house for weeks trying to get it to a "better" spot since the health of the plant was declining. Then they say once they kept it in one spot it got better! Regardless, humidity is overrated. Just give it good light and water and it will do well, unless of course your humidity is like -10%. lol.

xvart.

edit: as for other predators, squirrels are known to dig into some vft and sarrs from time to time. Some people hang up CD's by the plant to scare birds and squirrels away.

typically humidity rises at night anyway, right? That's how it works around here anway, single digits in the day, double at night (20s 30s lol)

Post these topics in the Venus Flytrap area please.

And no, leave all your plants in one spot and leave them there.

They do fine in low humidity. Mine are outside and the humidity is 22% and the temp is 43°F. Earlier today the reading was "LO" and the temp was 71°F. Just keep a little water in the tray all the time.

You'll find moving your plant around a lot will do more damage than good. Plants need to adjust and acclimate to their growing conditions. You'll find some horror stories about people who have moved their plants all over the house for weeks trying to get it to a "better" spot since the health of the plant was declining. Then they say once they kept it in one spot it got better! Regardless, humidity is overrated. Just give it good light and water and it will do well, unless of course your humidity is like -10%. lol.

xvart.

edit: as for other predators, squirrels are known to dig into some vft and sarrs from time to time. Some people hang up CD's by the plant to scare birds and squirrels away.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Amen, brother!

I moved this topic into the appropriate forum. Hi WeedKing. :) You'll probably get better response to a topic about a specific plant if you post it into the forum for that specific genus. :)

I guess any animal that grazes on a variety of green leafy plants might eat a VFT but there isn't anything that specifically feeds on them.

Back