What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flowers and traps

I'm new here so my apologies if this is common. Thought I'd share with everyone.

100_3366.jpg
[/IMG]

Everyone seems to be posting about this lately... really it's just false vivipary. If the traps actually work.. then it could be something more. Like what Andy's got.

Nice photo. The condition is called false vivipary. It is fairly common. If you leave the plantlet on the flower stalk, it will eventually dry out and die. If you cut it off and plant it, it will grow into a normal plant.

Nice photo. The condition is called false vivipary. It is fairly common. If you leave the plantlet on the flower stalk, it will eventually dry out and die. If you cut it off and plant it, it will grow into a normal plant.

Indeed, it happens occasionally like a double trapped leaf. Nothing extremely special, still sometimes unique to see and good for a little surprise :).

Ok...I know it isn't anything special around here...it is to me though! Anyways thanks for your comments. By the way, the traps do work.

Ok...I know it isn't anything special around here...it is to me though! Anyways thanks for your comments. By the way, the traps do work.

Yeah, I've never had one of my VFTs produce false vivipary before... ???
It ain't common here!!!

Back