Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: potting mixture

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just do it as a rough measurement. VFT's aren't at all picky with their media requirement. Take roughly what u expect to be 50% of each, mix them in a little bucket. Hydrate it well. Especially the peat...and then use it.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rough measurements is all that is needed. I prefer wetting the peat before mixing it as the peat dust drives me nuts.

If I'm in a real hurry I just fill the pot I'm going to use halfway with sand and then with peat, dump it all in a bucket and toss some water in it and start mixing. If need two pots, fill one with peat, the other with sand, dump wet mix. You get the idea.

It's just harder to mix bigger batches so just work until you find the biggest batch you can comfortably handle at one time.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol! I personally enjoy mixing peat or hydrating it. I LOVE the smell of fresh hydrated peat. Its amazing. Its like the first drops of rain on soil. The smell is unmatched by anything humans can produce chemically. Its magical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12