What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Flytraps in june...a month after repotting

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
My Flytraps in june...~2months after repotting

Hi guys,

If you remember, I was the rebel who had my flytraps in a 5 gallon terrarium. Well...I had potted them seperately in pots since they were too crowded in there after 8 months of growing.

Well...In a previous thread I had shown photos of them in their new pots and seperation. Well! Also my B52 was making crappy shock traps. So much so that it was sooo bad looking as practically every new leaf was a shock trap.

FInally it has recovered. The red dragon took longer to come back...but it finally did turn around.

HOWEVER::

I notice that all my flytraps are startng to fade. Initially they had nice DEEP blood red colour and even blood red teeth. Now they are starting to make pale red traps and all. Also the teeth seem shorter.

I am guessing this has to do with the season and the cycle of the flytrap. Any light on this issue of short and long teeth is welcome. :)

and here are the pics:

554566937_bbd34622ed.jpg

perfect looking VFT seedlings....they are my little cutest plants. :D

554577523_287febf299.jpg

cheers,

vraev

Wow, jealous! My traps still have some growing to do for this summer

lol! don't worry. GIve them time to adjust and they will come back. :) Mine took like 3 weeks to start growing after transplanting. :D

Stunning as always! Congrats!

lol! thanks buddy! :) HOwever, inspite of having more light than that old terrarium lamps, the flytraps are slowly starting to loose their colour. :( Atleast the new traps aren't as colourful. Well! I guess I should just wait and see. :)

Awesome looking traps - your plants look healthy and quite happy. Nice to see another OCPS member here!

Back