Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ‘Dente’ growth stall…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Okay then, I’ll give it time. I’ll post an update once I see new growth or anything else.
    -Joel from Southern California

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don;t worry about it m8! it will be fine. FOr some reason ...on contrary to waht I heard about cutting of flower stalks...the dentate doesn't get a growth boost but infact stalls if u cut off the stalk. The next time it flowers, I'm gonna let it go all the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'v let me VFT flower - and MAN has it stalled.. it has 1-2 traps on it that are even open, and maybe 3 leafs for photosynthesis. The traps died away, and it won't produce new ones... i'm sure once the flower blooms it will be fine (which will happen any day now)
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

As promised, here’s an update. Ever since I posted in this topic, I moved the Dente (in fact I moved all my plants) to a more shaded area under the gazebo because of the weather maintaining a constant daily high of 100F+.
    Two weeks ago, it began to show little green bumps around the base of its large mature petioles. At first, I could not tell if it was some strange new growth point or if they were deformed traps. They turned out to be stressed leafs: very small, short petioles, with tiny “pricks” for traps. (Similar to NAN’s Cupped Trap’s deformed leafs. See the third and fourth pictures in his post.)

The other VFTs took the move to the gazebo very well; none of them have shown any signs of stress. They get full morning and afternoon light, and filtered light during the hottest part of the day. I guess the little dente just doesn’t like me. Hopefully it will come back strong in autumn.
    -Joel from Southern California

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shade cloth might be the way to go. I might have to put some up around my balcony this summer. None of the stores that sell it by the foot seem to have 50% cloth, only 75% shading. 75% is probably too much. I only need 10-15 feet.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12