User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Seeds! Ahhh! (never grown from seed before!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i ended up using two pots. My farmer background made me evenly space them out and tag their spots, so i could observe a success rate between them.
    I'll be taking pictures every day so i can have a scrapbook and sort of make a scientific study of growing from seeds.

I planted them individually by brushing one up with a wet Q-tip and then brushing it on top of the dirt. I then marked their placement with cut up pieces of straw since i couldn't find my accursed toothpicks.
    and now the wating game :3 i love husbandry ^.^
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats pretty good. lol! Its soo hard for me now...they are all in a 4 inch tupperware container...and there are like 25 seedlings in there. I don't want to take them out as they are loving it in there. However, I will soon have to. Its like a very crowded ecosystem in tehre. . But its perfect....the VFT peeking among the moss. Reminds me of a minature carolina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    thats pretty good. lol! Its soo hard for me now...they are all in a 4 inch tupperware container...and there are like 25 seedlings in there. I don't want to take them out as they are loving it in there. However, I will soon have to. Its like a very crowded ecosystem in tehre. . But its perfect....the VFT peeking among the moss. Reminds me of a minature carolina.

could you take a picture of it and post it in this thread? i'd really like to see it :3
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well...sure...but,...I got a crappy phone cam right now.

here is a good pic from a sony erricson k790 (my friend's phone)

basically after this pic I weeded out some of the capensis to give more light to my VFT's and drosera lakebadgerup. I personally like the moss....as I just love MOSS. .. However, I would prefer to have maybe potted them a little more carefully. Initially I did sprinkle them evenly...but pouring water and all made them accumulate at one place. I picked some and placed them kinda away from one another to give them room. But well....they look good to me now...so I dont care. . When I water...I flood the VFT's soo they are actually submurged for a few hours. They don't mind in the least.

Its interesting how easy VFT's are compared to nepenthes.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting that you say that because I think Nepenthes are very easy while I've always had a hard time with Dionaea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol! hey....I guess each of us has their own genus of expertise eh JLAP??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12