Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insect in Trap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my VFT outside today and it looks like it caught something for itself so now theres 2 insects being digested by the VFT. Is this good for it and will it do more harm then good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the more the merrier :3

i have a trap that caught two ladybugs doing the horizontal tango - at least that is my only explanation as to why two round dots wre in a sealed up trap >.> it'll digest in normal time, but will be twice as good!

>.>

okay, i read that wrong.. what i MEANT to say was:

it may take a little bit longer to digest them both, since energy is now being split between two traps. However, you can have a nifty scientific study! watch the traps and document them! with 2 actively digesting traps, document how long it takes for them to open - then, feed one trap (one of the traps that was involved in the dual trap study), then document the timing of that one! try using a similar food, and go at it!
    Last edited by Ridetsu; 06-25-2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: misread post.. durrr, me dumb
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overmind1632 View Post
    I had my VFT outside today and it looks like it caught something for itself so now theres 2 insects being digested by the VFT. Is this good for it and will it do more harm then good?
    It's fine. Again, in nature, there is no way for the plants to control if all or none of their traps are filled with bugs. What happens, happens. Just think about how they behave and respond in nature. In the wild, there is nobody standing over them babying them along making sure they get the proper amount of nutrition or they get every last leg from the bug hanging out of their mouth or limiting how much they eat.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awsome, I hope it grows extra fast now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I left my plant outside for two days and this morning, every trap was closed and has an insect in it, it was actually quite scary. There were tons of spider and cricket legs hanging out of the traps. So with that, now theres 1 moth, 1 fly, 1 spider, 2 crickets at once being digested by my VFT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overmind1632 View Post
    I left my plant outside for two days and this morning, every trap was closed and has an insect in it, it was actually quite scary. There were tons of spider and cricket legs hanging out of the traps. So with that, now theres 1 moth, 1 fly, 1 spider, 2 crickets at once being digested by my VFT.
    Now that's a carnivorous plant!!!
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hungry bugger eh? lol.

that's perfectly fine - though, this kind of skews any scientific study you may have started. See how long it takes for the last trap to open - if its after 10-12 days, i would really like to know fo my own scientific study.
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trap which contained the moth has started to turn black already after about 5 days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast