What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garden Wars: Attack of the Snails

I was "acclimatizing" my venus fly trap today. I put it out under a bush sorta out front to give it some shade. When i got home tonight i found this...

pic008.jpg

In all there were 4 snails on the container. And they were pretty dang big. I let them be and went in for a while then came back out and found one of them sliming around on one of the retarded traps on my plant. So i was like.. well.. whatever. Will these snails cause any damage? It looks like they were just sliming around and having fun... ???

When i looked at it just a few ago there was slime on a few of the traps...

BTW, I think my plant caught a bug all on it's own, a spider in fact. When i picked it up today and found the snails there was a spider sitting on the edge of one of the good traps. The trap the spider was on is all closed up and sealed now, so i think it was the spider, unless the snail triggered it somehow... I can't tell whats in the trap because there was a previous carcass in there from a fly i fed it a while back.

snails do eat leaves..so I guess it is good to get rid of them before they do damage.

Great, well I'll keep it out of the mulch and on the cement in the shade and see if they just go away by themselves. Otherwise I'll have to launch a little counter offensive of my own against the invaders.

get rid of the snails and you should be fine

Today when i got home there was like snail turds or something all over my pot. I got rid of the snails, and the VFT appears to be doing pretty well.

i think you should get rid of those they look dangerous

Back