Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Garden Wars: Attack of the Snails

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garden Wars: Attack of the Snails

I was "acclimatizing" my venus fly trap today. I put it out under a bush sorta out front to give it some shade. When i got home tonight i found this...

In all there were 4 snails on the container. And they were pretty dang big. I let them be and went in for a while then came back out and found one of them sliming around on one of the retarded traps on my plant. So i was like.. well.. whatever. Will these snails cause any damage? It looks like they were just sliming around and having fun...

When i looked at it just a few ago there was slime on a few of the traps...

BTW, I think my plant caught a bug all on it's own, a spider in fact. When i picked it up today and found the snails there was a spider sitting on the edge of one of the good traps. The trap the spider was on is all closed up and sealed now, so i think it was the spider, unless the snail triggered it somehow... I can't tell whats in the trap because there was a previous carcass in there from a fly i fed it a while back.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snails do eat leaves..so I guess it is good to get rid of them before they do damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, well I'll keep it out of the mulch and on the cement in the shade and see if they just go away by themselves. Otherwise I'll have to launch a little counter offensive of my own against the invaders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get rid of the snails and you should be fine
    Men often hate each other because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they can not communicate; they can not communicate because they are separated.
    ~MLK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today when i got home there was like snail turds or something all over my pot. I got rid of the snails, and the VFT appears to be doing pretty well.

THE planter muhahahahahhaha!!! theplanter115's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think you should get rid of those they look dangerous