Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AHH! winter is coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was reading other borads and i saw this:

2) Leave the plant in the pot. This is pretty much the same as above. You will need to clip some leaves probably, and you'll definitely, more than ever, need the fungicide. Dunk the entire pot, including plant in the fungicide solution and let it drain well. You’re going to eat up more fungicide per plant this way, but if you’re really scared to un-pot them, then I guess it's your only option.

heres the link: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88227

----------------

with my understanding i just have to pour some fungicide all over the pot and plant. is that safe?

and if i do i still have to put it in a bag? and if i do all that do i need to water it or give it light or can i just leave it in the fridge for 3 months.

sorry with all my questions im just confused

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option: you can just spray it with fungicide and place mulch on it during the winter (Bark or Pine Needles). You must water it occasionally through the mulch so it does not dry out. When spring rolls around just remove the mulch and repot. I think its easier than putting it in the fridge because it gets a deeper dormancy due to colder temperatures and it grows better next season. That's what I do anyhow, following directions from an e-book that I got from online. My plants are great!
    I am going to visit the sarracenia in Oregon someday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and put black plastic over the mulch if you have a chance of an ice storm. If it works for me, it should work for you, I am in Saint Louis, and we are in the same Zone for coldness. (Zone 5)
    I am going to visit the sarracenia in Oregon someday

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually new VFTs, no matter where you pick 'em up, are freshly out of tissue culture. You can skip the first year of dormancy in that case but after that you need to give its proper dormancy. Probably the fact that it was a small fresh-TC plant and went right into a chill was more than it could take.

I have some new VFTs but they have been outdoors long enough and they are large enough to take the upcoming winter even though most of them are "fresh TC" plants.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12