Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad time to repot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you not have cut the pot down the side with some nail scissors, remove it and then place the block into a bigger pot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I could have, but I wanted to start with fresh media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it has been a week and a half or so since I repotted my Dionaea. They are doing excellent. It doesn't seem like the repotting set them back at all. In fact, they all seem to be growing much better than they were before the repotting.

I took some pics. Notice the new growth on the couple of plants here. Nearly all of the plants have tons of new leaves coming out or nearing maturity since the transplant.

You can see that some of the leaves look yellowish. That is because I didn't acclimate the plants to the sun, but rather just stuck them out in it. It burned some of the leaves, but all of the new leaves coming out are very green and healthy looking.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See.... it can safely be done! The dying leaves are the older ones. I would recommend snipping them. If the new traps are smaller at first, the plants noticed the change. But stability over time will restore their size.

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like they're doing well! The first time I repottd a VFT, I was scared to death that something would go horribly wrong...I guess after a while you just gain confidence in repotting plants. I worked at a nursery over the summer, and removed and potted hundreds, possibly thousands of small shrubs... I've repotted about twelve VFT's so far, and haven't lost any(at least for that reason.) The only annoying thing is that you often set off a couple traps in the process, but other than that, don't be afraid to really dig in there! Sorry for the late comment lol, but I haven't been to TF in a while, and just felt the need to chime in

-Gabe
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12