What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFTs @ 99 Cent Only Stores

Hehehe, I brought boxes of them here in the Canoga Park, Northridge and Reseda, CA stores and everyone was looking at me and asking me questions about them. In total I must have got about 4 boxes (each box has 28 plants) because I got 101 plants. I brought all the healthiest ones because i didn't want to go back to return them if they died.

They make great fundraising. I'm using them to help raise funds for our upcoming musical this spring of Little Shop of horrors. Out of the 101 plants i had, within two days i was down to 23. I didn't know how high schools liked these plants so much.

It got to the point where i made an article online on the school website about how to take care of the plants. http://www.canogaparkhs.org/apps/news/show_news.jsp?REC_ID=54752&id=0&rn=5716259
I also made morning announcements on gardening tips with the Venus Flytraps and the history of them on the school's speaker system.

It's amazing what these little guys have done for our school. Then when people ask why i sell them at school, I say "Because they're endangered in the wild."

Sadly, i haven't seen any new shipments for weeks!

lol@because they're endangered in the wild.... if its endangered in the wild, that makes you think highschool student would make it any safer?

lol@because they're endangered in the wild.... if its endangered in the wild, that makes you think highschool student would make it any safer?

LMAO, yeah that is a good point. That's why I ask my teacher not to let the kids carry them around selling them like chocolates and just let me run around doing that. You wouldn't be able to cope with how many times i've had to tell kids to stop triggering the traps, what type of water to use, and how they will not grow into beast.

Removing these guys from the container is a pain! Every trap gets triggered somehow. Oh well, most open right back up the next day.
tray_of_vfts.jpg

I just cut the tubes open with a "L" shaped incision from the top down to the bottom. Or you can cut around the bottom part of the tube and pull the bottom out. The "L" incision works the best and is the least amount of work.

The colorless ones I bought last time colored up nicely in a few days of full sun.

Back