What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dentate flowers :3

god im going to have a ton of seed to give out xD
and NO, im NOT cutting them off! so dont even mention it or joke about it to piss me off ._.

VFTflowerandSanguineaPitcher004.jpg

i dont know if dente(or dentate...whatever) self pollinates. but its worth a shot! youll have plenty of seed! pollinate correctly and youll have like 20 or something seeds per pod!

Alex

alright overmind, ill hook you up with a pod once its ready ;3 just hook me up with a PM when i post the thread. but ill deff. hold a pod for you

The plant looks in good health....but all I would say is that make sure it gets the best of light during this ordeal. Seed bearing takes a lot of energy from plants and thats why weak VFT's die when they seed. Even the strong ones show a lag and sometimes go back to producing smaller traps for a while before recovering. Good luck though.....do it welll and it will be really interesting to see if the offspring are dentate as well. :)

lets hope they do ^_^
soooo i cant wait for both two finish flowering.

I can't believe it's not Butter!

It looks a little green--might want to elevate it in the terrarium to strengthen it while it's flowering. You may even get better seed set that way.

:x can i reserve a seed pod? if you get one :) i wanna try a VFT...

agent, they are pretty close to the light as it is. i dont want to push it closer because the stem needs room to grow.
it will be fine, its healthy and hasnt slowed its growth in any way.
and yes upper, ill reserve you a pod as well

Aww makes me miss my fly traps...my mom killed all of them. The plant looks great and you should not cut it off!!

I'm going to have some viable VFT seeds yay. Don't ever buy any on ebay from my experience.

I got screwed on ebay with VFT seeds, too. I didn't ask the guy for black dust, but that was what I got :-( .

I got screwed on ebay with VFT seeds, too. I didn't ask the guy for black dust, but that was what I got :-( .

EXACTLY

I ordered 40 seeds for like $3 all I got was about 8-10 that were not crushed. They been in soil for like 3 weeks and nothing yet.

But yes the rest of the bag was black dust. I bet they put a few seeds in there and sprinkle some pepper and blame it on shipping. I'm giving the guy a negative feedback. I don't care about getting one in return.

Back