Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dormancy over! fungicide question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dormancy over! fungicide question

At least here in Oregon it is :3
    I spent a good hour or two yesterday going through my venus flytraps. I took out all the old and dead things, and found myself with quite a nice problem.
    As i pulled them all apart and washed them off, i discovered that i now had a much larger amount of venus flytraps. I went into dormancy with 6 grown plants, and with my current count of how many new offshoots i seperated from the husk, i have about 19-20.
    Sadly though, i lost one of my favorite traps - a big mouth with loooong stems. When i removed it from the dirt, i discovered a nasty little surprise - a fuzzy white fungus had congregated around the main root system... Sadly i couldn't salvage anything.. it was already in the core, and it had destroyed the main tap-root.
    If only i had done this a week ago.... *sighs*

At any rate, i found this fungus on a couple other of my plants. I was able to wash it off on a visible level, but i am concerned that it may still be there... lurking within the shadows.
    I've refreshed all my soil and such, and cleaned the containers out. I went to pick up a fungicide today - i was looking for Captan, but my local store didn't have it. Instead i grabbed a Fungicide 3 in 1 (fungicide/insecticide/miticide) that has extract of Neem oil, but i am worried its too potent for VFTs. Plus it advises not to use it after recently transplanting (should have read that a bit more closely before i bought it..)

Anyways.. Anyone got any recommendation? The fungus is white and fuzzy, and looks like a standard bread mold to be brutally honest. It only grew around the root system beneath the soil, and it only came about in the last couple weeks...
    *goes to browse through some fungus topics*
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I used last autumn...
    http://www.gardensafe.com/ProductCat...de/Fungicide3/

It is exactly what you described. Other members have recommended it. When I used it, the foliage burned a bit. I mostly applied it to the roots and rhizomes, though. I applied it once in early fall and once right before dormancy.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aye, thats the product i bought.
    I'm worried about using it though since i just transplanted them - but i don't want to wait too long in fear that the fungus will attack them while they are trying to settle in.
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~