Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My trap!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking My trap!

Bought this from Osh, it was one of those Bloomrite tube plants. The poor thing was the 'healthiest' looking one out of the bunch, granted that they were all stuffed in the shady corner

So it's getting really hot here in California, do you guys think I have a chance at helping this fella grow big?

-Chaddycakez :]
    “I don’t at all like knowing what people say of me behind my back. It makes me far too conceited.”
    —Oscar Wilde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm in los angeles, and mine's growing fine outdoor, i just have to keep it moist, but for everything else, nature takes care of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should recover fine with lots of sunlight and clean/pure water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just be sure to acclimate it to full sun.

If it's been in a dark corner for too long it might not be able to handle full sun right away.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got some of my first ones at osh too. then i found the same exact thing at 99cent. so i got like 10 of those. osh sells it for like 5$, while i can get 5 of that at 99cent at the same price.

ps. i didnt even acclimate it. i just change the peat moss, put it in a bigger pot(since i got 10) and threw it outside with top covering of LFs and partial live sphagnum. couple of trap burned, but alot more came out. all my traps turn red and they're already catching bugs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

So it's been a couple of days and my vft has been outside, it looks healthier and gets about 6hr+ of full sun. The tray is always filled with distilled h20. :]

+More shoots are coming up! Yay for more vfts! And they are growing really fast too!

But why isn't it red?
    “I don’t at all like knowing what people say of me behind my back. It makes me far too conceited.”
    —Oscar Wilde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, you can already see the red hints inside the traps shown above... it'll redden with just more time outside. Keep doing what your doing and everything will be good...

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry about the heat. They're from the southeast. Ever been to the SE? It's ridiculously hot here. Like... suicidally hot. It regularly gets into the high 90's/ low 100's where I live, and I'm south of their native range.

If you happen to catch them as soon as they arrive, you can get REALLY nice, full plants.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast