Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hi new to the forum some help though

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome to the forums.

Since your topic is mainly VFT based, I'm moving this to the VFT forum where you might get more help.

It does look like you have some kind of bugs. I'd separate that plant and put it in isolation so it doesn't infect any other plants.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forums.

Since your topic is mainly VFT based, I'm moving this to the VFT forum where you might get more help.

It does look like you have some kind of bugs. I'd separate that plant and put it in isolation so it doesn't infect any other plants.
    ok thanks

well it seems that they are aphids of the green and white variety lol.

i think i need a lady bird to eat em or some pestacide but i dont want to get one that might kill the plant as well Any surjestions ?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume a lady bird is what we in the US call ladybugs. They will work, but they are a little more preventive than a cure. Your flytrap need to get rid of them now. So go ahead and put them in a tub of water. I emailed a member here that is from the UK and he will be able to tell you what to buy. I don't know the brands in the UK so I can't tell you what you need.It won't hurt if you leave the submerged for a few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok cheers wouldnt mind buying some of that today to be honest. get it fixed as soon as possible.

yeh in the uk we call them ladybirds or ladybugs lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

First step is to spray it with insecticide. They are pretty tough as a rule and will take most bug killers. I recommend looking for a brand containing pyrethrins. Spray once a day for a few days.

You can either repot now, or leave it for a bit (or leave it altogether) - it's up to you. To be honest, VFTs don't particularly mind being repotted at any time, but if you do repot, use an Irish Moss Peat / perlite mix. Independent garden centres will have the peat - B&Q and Homebase don't stock it as a rule.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i have got my self some Provado Ultimate Bug killer as i couldnt find anything with that stuff that you mentioned

this is the one i got

http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/invt/7370

this says to just spray plant once and it should kill them all if not Continue after 14 days :S

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Provado should be perfect. The active ingredient is a systemic insecticide Imidacloprid and is recommended for chewing and sucking insects.

Follow the directions on the label. A follow up spraying at 14 days would probably be a good idea.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast