Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is this fungus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by celox View Post
    That plant looks bad, I hope it makes it.

However do me a favor and don't label it Red Dragon (not now not ever unless you can get a dna match), cause you are not sure where it comes from (since it comes from a grocery store of some kind). It might be just one of the many red vft's out there and if you mislabel it and it somehow get's into circulation.. well you get the point and I hate to see more confusion about real clones because of people mislabeling their vft's
    yes it does look very bad...

BUT i think one of the leaves is starting to open up on it... fingers crossed.

dont worry i wont label it a red dragon lol.

just bought me self a humidity and temperature guage so i will be able to tell now if the conditions are fine in my room and maybe be able to take them out of the viv and just let them be in pots in a tray of pebels and water.

Thinkin about buying a sundue next im addicted!

This is how i have it at the moment but im guesin i wont need the clingfilm judging by the humidity guage as its above 50% nearer 60%

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Craig, You don't need the cling film and you can reduce the water level in the bottom of the tank. The cling film is unnecessary for humidity, VFTs do fine in low humidity as long as you keep them well watered, and will tend to trap heat inside the vivarium. I top water my plants and allow it to overflow the water tray. That way I know the soil is saturated and it helps rinse out any mineral build up that might be occurring from the rain water I use for watering. The side walls of the vivarium will help keep the humidity up a little, too. As for getting it to pick up its growth again, it just needs time to recover from the aphids. That plus lots of sunlight and plenty of pure water and it will be a good looking plant again.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCarnivourKid View Post
    Craig, You don't need the cling film and you can reduce the water level in the bottom of the tank. The cling film is unnecessary for humidity, VFTs do fine in low humidity as long as you keep them well watered, and will tend to trap heat inside the vivarium. I top water my plants and allow it to overflow the water tray. That way I know the soil is saturated and it helps rinse out any mineral build up that might be occurring from the rain water I use for watering. The side walls of the vivarium will help keep the humidity up a little, too. As for getting it to pick up its growth again, it just needs time to recover from the aphids. That plus lots of sunlight and plenty of pure water and it will be a good looking plant again.
    thanks i taken the cling film off and iv bought my self a humidity gauge and a temp sensor was only cheap but gives me an idea... but its above 50% and its above 20c so its pretty decent Conditions and i think its picked back up the VFT as i can see one leaf of new growth ill post pictures when i finally get a new trap on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12