Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this fungus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this fungus?

just took a photo of my VFT the one im tryin to save...

iv managed to now control the aphid problem i had they all appear to be dead now after giving it one spray of that provado bug killer.

now it seems to be loosing its colour i think this was mentioned when i was readin up on spraying it with this just want to make sure..

Should i cut off these two stalks that you can see in the photo as close as i can till they are just green as they seem to have fungus on them?

and what can i do to try make this plant pick up? i can see no new growth so far just current growth slowly dying off... no doubt the aphids have not helped though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that looks like fungus. I would probably cut those off. You might want to treat with a fungicide (lightly) as well.

To make the plant pick back up, just do the normal things that you do with Venus Fly Traps:
    lots of sunlight and clean water.

Good luck!

I Like Watching Things Grow... laxgoal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'd say thats fungus. If you decide to treat with fungicide, it is very important that it be used lightly as it could easily damage the plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its only on the dead stuff so its ok...but that probably means your plant is indoors, very humid, has no air ciculation and has very little light. give it as much light as possible (outside?) and you wont see that fungus anymore. it will also start growing again and making nice traps. looks like 'Red Dragon'. is it?

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your image below does not look like fungus, it looks like a Dionaea muscipula plant.

Quote Originally Posted by craig20102010 View Post

just took a photo of my VFT the one im tryin to save...
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Clemens View Post
    Your image below does not look like fungus, it looks like a Dionaea muscipula plant.
    forgive me for not circling the area lol.

i was always never sure what produced fungus..

the plant is indoors due to cold weather as im in the uk.. iv got it in a vivarium with cling film over the top but like a inch gap all the way a long on one side (funny enough above that plant)

ill take a picture of my setup later on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glider14 View Post
    its only on the dead stuff so its ok...but that probably means your plant is indoors, very humid, has no air ciculation and has very little light. give it as much light as possible (outside?) and you wont see that fungus anymore. it will also start growing again and making nice traps. looks like 'Red Dragon'. is it?

Alex
    i think it is the red dragon yeh, which is why im interested in getting it growing again... only bought it for 2 very cheap and there appears to be about 4 of the same plant in one pot.

would keeping it in a tray of water be enough humidity indoors? so bassically how i have it now but without the cling film on the top?

the other plant thats in the same viv is growing fine very fast and healthy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That plant looks bad, I hope it makes it.

However do me a favor and don't label it Red Dragon (not now not ever unless you can get a dna match), cause you are not sure where it comes from (since it comes from a grocery store of some kind). It might be just one of the many red vft's out there and if you mislabel it and it somehow get's into circulation.. well you get the point and I hate to see more confusion about real clones because of people mislabeling their vft's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast