Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Royal Red !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry My Royal Red !

So my dad ordered me a Royal Red last Friday, and it arrived today in my mailbox. I was really excited because the vendor is known for their great shipping etc. Anywho, when I unraveled the plant it was very pathetic looking. That totally brought down my mood x10. Anyways, it also dawned on me that the bulb itself w/ all it's weak looking traps had fallen out from the soil! Thus I just spent about 15 minutes, hands and elbows, in peatmoss&perlite trying to carefully put back in the plants. >:O And now i'm just worried that I might have hurt the roots and the plant will die.

Paranoia? Can anyone tell me if the plant will survive? T_T

Two plants?

Very sad looking.

Ugh, ;[

PS. After repotting I threw it on the balcony alongside my growing typical vft to get some sun. I also filled up it's tray and just walked away. :/

Blame it on the vendor, or just the post office?

Sorry if I was being a bit dramatic^^^ Couldn't help it. :/
    “I don’t at all like knowing what people say of me behind my back. It makes me far too conceited.”
    —Oscar Wilde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't appear to have been very healthy when it left the possession of the vendor, so let's go with vendor. Who was it?

As far as living, I'm sure that it will probably thrive in time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't name the vendor due to the guidelines. But "x239ru1-r9-13=9" is very well-known. D:<
    “I don’t at all like knowing what people say of me behind my back. It makes me far too conceited.”
    —Oscar Wilde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definitely two plants thats for sure, and I bet both will survive just fine. VFT's are very hardy plants they can survive alot more than just a brutal shipping or a bad previous owner... if there is almost any good white rhizome left the plant will grow back just as good as anything... just give it all the light you can and let it chill and it'll bounce back faster than you'd even expect... once its got a couple good full grown healthy traps feed it a fly or something to maybe give it that little extra push if it doesn't catch one on its own...

bottom line- it'll be perfectly okay

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it will perk up for you. It may be just coming out of dormancy.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there were two flytraps in that pot as you stated; I got three hitchhikers with my order.

Good luck!
    -Matt
    Last edited by theyellowdart; 04-15-2008 at 08:44 PM. Reason: removed vendor reference.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyways, thanks for the help guys&gals >_<
    Last edited by xvart; 04-15-2008 at 05:54 PM. Reason: removed vendor references.
    —Oscar Wilde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    andy rocks!
    good prices on BR vfts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just sent "239-5489-32589129-" an email voicing my dissatisfaction in a polite way, of course! :X
    —Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast