Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I repot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoKooL View Post
    Terracotta? I'm not sure if I'm using that, but my all my pots and saucers are plastic.

Sloat Gardens is exactly where I purchased my first vft (the one not doing so well), and the media. I agree, supplies at this shop are a bit more expensive than other stores. I guess you left you heart in San Francisco Italo, haha.

Not a Number, I've been to Lowe's, and all that I can find is Mosser Lee. I tried looking for Chilean moss as well with no luck. I'm curious about BACP meetings. Can anyone go to it or is it members only? I've been looking around for the Red Piranha, and it is quite expensive for my taste. Not too sure if I'm ready to spend that much on a plant especially if I don't think I'm completely capable of handling it. But until I'm ready, these typicals will have to do! I'm also going to be at the San Francisco Botanical Garden tomorrow for a field trip (I'm in college) to further our knowledge on the diversity of plants, and I think they have carnivorous plant's, YAY!
    Terracotta is the typical heavy fired clay pot that is orange in color like what your plastic dish is made to look like. Unfortunately I couldn't tell in the pics if they were plastic or terracotta. You're fine then.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a Number, I've been to Lowe's, and all that I can find is Mosser Lee. I tried looking for Chilean moss as well with no luck.
    If they're out now it can take six months or longer before they get more of either one. I'd recommend grabbing a bag or two of either one when you see them as this stuff flies off the shelves in the spring time and not to be seen again until late summer or late fall.

You might want to mosey over to the Berkeley Botanical Gardens on May 11th as Barry Rice will be speaking there.

http://botanicalgarden.berkeley.edu/...t_lecture.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey ZeroKool,

I'm from Southern California and just recently bought some VFT's from the 99 cent store, and they looked alot like yours...and I just want to warn you that as they become more acclimated to your climate they WILL start producing smaller traps...so if you see this don't be alarmed. Also, I don't really know the SF area...but I know that a certain very respected carnivorous plant distributer(can't say on this forum) is up there somewhere and if you want more plants I would definitely go there, and even if you don't want more plants I would still go there because from the pictures I've seen it looks amazing and would probably be a great experience!! I wish that I lived closer so I could go there to visit the place!! I'm jealous!!!

Zach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, listening to Barry Rice speak about CP's? What's so great about that (no offense)?

Hey CPEnthusiast, think you can pm me the distributor? I would greatly appreciate it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    If they're out now it can take six months or longer before they get more of either one. I'd recommend grabbing a bag or two of either one when you see them as this stuff flies off the shelves in the spring time and not to be seen again until late summer or late fall.

You might want to mosey over to the Berkeley Botanical Gardens on May 11th as Barry Rice will be speaking there.

http://botanicalgarden.berkeley.edu/...t_lecture.html
    I would love to hear Mr. Rice speak!

Hey Andrew, you should start giving lectures and become famous!
    “I don’t at all like knowing what people say of me behind my back. It makes me far too conceited.”
    —Oscar Wilde

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, listening to Barry Rice speak about CP's? What's so great about that (no offense)?
    No reason at all unless you want the chance to hear the author of a quaint little book entitled "Growing Carnivorous Plants", is the editor of "Carnivorous Plant Newsletter" for the International Carnivorous Plant Society, noted carnivorous plant photographer and field researcher, board member of the North American Sarracenia Conservancy, proprietor of the online Carnivorous Plant FAQ and Galleria Carivoroa speak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, he seems to have accomplished a lot. Well I hope I can make it! Anyone from the Bay Area planning to go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Growing Carnivorous Plants"

Is a great book! I would highly recommend it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast