Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should I repot?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By all accounts Barry Rice is an entertaining speaker too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's all I needed to hear Not a Number! Hahaha, I was afraid of just sitting and being bored to death, just like another lecture in my schedule. I enjoy speakers who keep listeners entertained, and engaged. It definitely receives all of my attention!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    By all accounts Barry Rice is an entertaining speaker too.

He's a very interesting writer, with delightful sarcasm. He makes frequent references to bulging muscles in one short story. He is also fond of dead skns cells from feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I remember reading that. Apparently Dr. Rice took dead skin from his feet and fed it to his Dionaea. The Dionaea liked it and ate it all. What a remarkable story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all! So my trip to the San Francisco Botanical Garden was alright. To my disappointment there were no carnivorous plants, but a lot of other plants. I was really looking foward to that and was pretty bummed. Other than that, the garden was wonderful! It's so full of nature, and everything green in between. Check it out if you're ever in the city. Nice place for walks, dates, picnics, and oh did I mention free admission?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Zero,
    I'm in SF too. I have a couple of VFT's doing well here, on an eastern facing windowsill. I don't know where you are in the city, but one of the nurseries closest to me is Flowercraft on Old Bayshore. I go there for soil and pots since trekking out to Home Depot takes so much time and effort (such a hassle to leave the city! LOL)

I've been to one BACPS meeting so far and found it to be fun, informative, and the people are very friendly. You should definitely go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Courtney! It's cool that you're also from San Francisco! Funny thing, I just signed up for BACPS! I've been to their site and their forums is pretty new and not so well developed. I would love to go to a meeting or event, but it seems like the events will take place this summer, the summer which I am going travel around Asia. Nooo... Oh if you hear anything about meetings held by BACPS please inform me, I'm eager to go, make new friends, perhaps purchase plants, and share my new hobby experiences with fellow CPers!

I've seen Flowercrafts site through yelp.com. Do you know if they carry Chilean moss, or long fiber sphagnum moss (preferably any brand but Mosser Lee)? How long have you had your VFTs and what kind do you have? Did you purchase your VFT at local nurseries? If so which ones in SF? I know Sloat Gardens has VFT's but they're pretty expensive. They're the same ones I got at Home Depot for $5, and they were much healthier looking too.

*Update* I went to Flowercraft today, and no success. I guess Mosser Lee it is!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234