What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New collection

Well A great guy sent me three plants in particular these pictures show 4 plants but only three in particular are the sent ones, you'll notice mine is the one thats upright and growing i think this plant in particular is in summer form, then why are the three sent ones low to the soil.? they aren't in dormancy conditions explain why, this doesn't displease me but i just noticed the difference. when i received them earlier today i was shocked by the condition they were in. they were in excellent health and the traps were even lively eating a carpenter (pill bug) that i fed them each. I'm guessing wrapping them in sphagnum moss really helps. anyways heres the pictures :)
(sorry about quality of pictures)
DSCI1641.jpg

DSCI1640.jpg

DSCI1639.jpg

DSCI1637.jpg

DSCI1635.jpg

DSCI1633.jpg

DSCI1632.jpg

Thanks so much DVG (the guy who got them) this should make my fascination of carnivorous plant burn like fire!! :)

From the looks of it your Venus Trap you already have is maybe a Dente (with the shorter teeth). And the new ones look more like a typical VFT. But your plants are looking good...

good growing

-Ryan

thanks ryan show me your plants possible (only VFT's) i love to see others VFT's.?

From the looks of it your Venus Trap you already have is maybe a Dente (with the shorter teeth). And the new ones look more like a typical VFT. But your plants are looking good...

good growing

-Ryan

I agree with you, it might be a dente.

i dont think its pirhanna or saw tooth...unless im forgetting another cultivar its gotta be dente

Back