Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And so i finally repotted....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And so i finally repotted....

And it looks a little something like this. . .

what do you guys think? This is my first time transplanting venus fly traps and i was REALLY nervous and careful not to hurt my precious plants.

(They were a little burnt from the other day. I threw them into the sun a week ago.)

Also, if sand gets into the Fly trap, will it cause it to rot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a spray bottle to remove the media off the foliage. Other than that, you did a good job!
    -Joel from Southern California

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, looks first class.

Do as Joel says to clean off the loose bits on the leaves. You might want to tamp the surface down with your fingertips a bit more to keep the perlite from floating around. Either that or don't top water until the peat moss "sets" up. I normally top water for a bit to help settle the media around the roots and flush out the media., discarding the runoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it has been around three weeks now, and my fly traps have gotten a lot smaller. In fact, it looks like baby fly traps ( the ones that can't really eat anything)

Is this normal?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you put them back into the sun too? Some times VFTs grow what somebody has termed "shock traps" for a few weeks after a big change in growing conditions. Deformed, small or even missing traps can result. I've seen it taking up to six weeks before "normal" growth returns.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually just repotted my Justina Davis which was putting off 1'' long traps, and it actually just put up a trap after repotting thats about 1/2'' so I'm going through the same thing. I'll be watching for full size growth in the next week or so if my repot was good enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Did you put them back into the sun too? Some times VFTs grow what somebody has termed "shock traps" for a few weeks after a big change in growing conditions. Deformed, small or even missing traps can result. I've seen it taking up to six weeks before "normal" growth returns.
    It hasn't been in as much sun because it will burn to a crisp. they are used to getting 4 hours of sunlight, so when i am off of school ( after tomorrow ) i plan to bring them outside for four hours, bring them back in for an hour, then leave them back out for another four. This will hopefully go on for about two weeks. then full sun, just like the good ol' days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just leave them outside in the sun all day. The only thing that can happen is that some leaves or some parts burn (turn dark red to brown over time), and I'm not sure if moving them to different conditions all day is such a good thing either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast