What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nooooes!!!

DJ.Zany-NL-

Dead to Mosqueeto's ALL OF THEM!
damn!
this is what just hapened:
i left my plant out in the garden today so it could get a bit more sun However!
a gust of wind just came up sweeping all the seed from the nearby tree containing litteraly million's of aphid theyre crawling all over the place and me!
i just had the plant aphid-free(nearly killed it) and now i have to start all over again :(
anyone got tips about how-to extermanate aphid?
also:i went outside to take a few picture's ofit flowering and well i took allot more picture's :(

PS: it's itchy Oo
plant3.jpg

that's something i dont know Oo (the brown thing)

plant4.jpg

seed
plant2.jpg

more seed

plant6.jpg

picture of my plant you can see the flower in the center(sorry for being lazy and not turning it)

plant7.jpg

that's the flower (blurry :S)

plant5.jpg

every CP plant owner's worst nightmare T.T

plant1ca3.jpg

just a random one i made earlyer :)

anyone know's how i can resize these?

tip's on how to kill aphid are mostly welcome!
ow 1 final thing: is it ok if i let it stand about 30cm away from my Sundew?

Try some Ortho systemic insecticide, you should resize your pictures.

Wow... the wind completely blew the feathers off that chicken! :grin:

lol, those seeds resemble dead mice

Try some Ortho systemic insecticide, you should resize your pictures.

i've tryed a mixture of these 2 thing's (don't know wath they are in englsih so here are picture's of em XD
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn...orangepackage.com/img/products/groenezeep.jpg
and:
Denatured alcohol
mixed with water everyone i knew said that would make a different but imo that was the thing that nearly killed my plant (making all leave's turn brown/black)
either the alcohol killed it...or the ladybug i fed it did it...

you used soap? Thats no good
Alcohol (unless you use large quantities) doesn't kill a plant if you apply it on the infected leaves with care

Just immerse the pot and plant in a small bucket of rainwater for a couple days. That will drown the aphids and eggs (if any). The water won't harm the plant as long as it has plenty of air circulation afterwards.

Of course there is nothing to keep the aphids from coming back if the plants in the surrounding area are all infested. Use of a systemic insecticide is recommended that contains acephate or imidicloprid as the active ingredient.

k i always thought that the VFT would drown Oo how much day's do you reccomend?

I'd go for atleast 36-48 hours

edit: if you want to keep your vft's outside (wich is best) you might want to do something about the aphids on the other plants in your garden; Even if you aren't going to put it oustide I would get a product suited to kill the aphids on the other plants, it's not healthy for them either

Don't ladybugs eat aphids? And possibly feed your plants? :D

ya i know i put 1 on my plant a month ago i think that's the one that made all the leaves go brown and black...

Back