Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superthrive Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superthrive Questions

I've looked around the forums and found many mixed reviews about Superthrive. I was just wondering for those of you who have used it, what were your results? What is the exact amount suggested? I've read a drop or two in a gallon of water, and someone suggested a couple drops in a bowl, and to soak the plant for ~15-30 minutes before repotting. Not sure if it would be the whole plant, or just the roots or leaves. Also how often do you water the plants with superthrive?
    Ultimately, is it worth buying? I was planning to use it for repotting and as a growth booster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    donno, but one of my sarracenia died because of it.(superthrive overdose)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEVER use it alone. It killed my D. aliciae and VFT cutting.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you don't dilute it, or use VERY high doses each time you water and never flush, I find it very hard to believe it killed anything. I literally add some water to a five gallon bucket and dump it in there. I'm not exaggerating when I say dump. 1/4th of the bottle has been known to have been used in my household.

The dose recommended on the bottle is a joke. It would be like licking a vitamin instead of eating it. Five milliliters per cup of water or so is a good dose. That's 100 times the recommended dosage, and in one cup and not one gallon! The debate is still going on on whether or not it really does anything, but it definitely does no harm as long as you don't use it straight up. I've been using it for, it seems, forever. Use it whenever you disturb a plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In The Savage Garden, D'Amato recommends soaking bare root plants at 10 drops per gallon for half an hour before planting, and generally watering plants at one drop per gallon.

Never tried it myself, but I would guess it's safe for Dionaea at these low doses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll pick it up. Anyone know if Home Depot carries this stuff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it deluded in a cup of RO water and soak the roots of plants that have been stressed out due to unpotting/shipping. I also add a dash of Megagro.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen it at walmart by the plant fertilizers not sure on home depot though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast