Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring time stall?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHERE did you discover them?

Under the soil (near the roots) or on the leaves?

I have seen one (ONE!!) crawling on a plastic pot and that was it. I looked and looked and looked and even searched some more; no more mites.

After I re-potted I sprayed Neem oil on the new soil surface and on the leaves. I wonder if this is sufficient??
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my Big Mouths stopped growing this spring too. I repotted it, and it's just starting to grow again. The peat mixture I had it in smelled really bad, and I think that was the problem, but it might have been a pest too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

getting better...............

Some of my VFT's have come back a bit.

They're no longer under the T5's and are now under cooler T12's. It's odd though, they thrived last year at this time under the T5's.

I'm mostly concerned about my once-beautiful 'B52', 'Bigmouth' and 'Vigorous' cultivars. I hope they resurrect. Otherwise I've wasted a lot of dough and time on these bad-boys.

I'm still striking back at the molds with Neem oil and other fungicides. I also noticed that I had quite a few fungus-gnats in my VFT pots. I set several pings next to the VFT's to combat the gnats... Seems to be working well.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fryster View Post
    I fed a few feeder crickets to the few traps large enough to take them; they barely moved to capture them. Could my VFT's have re-entered dormancy?

I'm stumped here............

Yeah, my VFT's traps hardly move at all either, and the ones that do move are really really slow to close. Why would this happen? I don't think mine are re-entering dormancy, it's July.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growergray View Post
    Ya know, I have noticed this(I live in Texas). There's a plethora of tiny flying insects (like gnats) and, to a lesser extent, spiders, but where's everything else? My pitcher plants are hungry!

that's cuz we haven't had any fricckin' rain in like forever....except once or twice a few weeks back if I remember correctly. Yea sure we keep getting thunder and lightning and gray skies, but no torrential downpour. I'm in the Sugar Land area and i was thrilled couple of days ago when they announced "Severe thunderstorm warning to Fort Bend County." Yea it howled and blew but no rain. What a tease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spycspider2 View Post
    that's cuz we haven't had any fricckin' rain in like forever....except once or twice a few weeks back if I remember correctly.
    Yeah, it's been unusually dry. The weird thing is, there are still zillions of mosquitos flying around here.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior Nitecrawler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry this is so late, Fryster. I found mites all over the new growth especially (undeveloped traps). Basically, if your plants are turning a rusty color or are blackening prematurely, spider mites may be the cause.

Spider mites are REALLY hard to see on Akai Ryu. HAHA

Destiny VS Cause And Effect Empyrean's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like still in dormancy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast