What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for some photos

Hello everyone,

So, I have been trying to put together a comprehensive Dionaea website. I have a pretty good start with content that I wrote myself and photos of most of the cultivated varieties that I either took myself or got from Robert Ziemer (BobZ on this forum) with his permission to use, but now I need some help.

In particular, I'm in need of good photos of the following cultivars:

'Big Mouth'
'Clayton's Red Sunset'
'Clumping Cultivar'
'Holland Red'
'Kinchyaku'
'Louchapates'
'Microdents'
'Red Burgundy'
'Red Rosetted'

Also, if you have any photos of the other official cultivars that you think are particularly good and that you wouldn't mind sharing, submitting those is also welcome!

Here is the list of the official Dionaea cultivars.

You will, of course, receive credit for any photos you generously donate. You can email them to me at matt@flytrapcare.com and let me know how you would like credit to be given. Or, if you already have photos online somewhere that you wouldn't mind me snagging, you could just point me to them. Thanks in advance for any help.

The next step is to make an unofficial cultivated variety list similar to the official list. I will have to look through people's grow lists to get a pretty good list. Also, I will probably need lots of help with photos/details/descriptions/background information on the unofficial cultivars, but I will save that for another day and another thread.

Thanks!
Matt

I have some pretty good looking Big Mouth VFTs that I can take some pics of when some of their traps open up. They're a bit on the small side diameter-wise (about 3-4 inches) but some of the traps are about an inch long so if your interested reply on this thread...

John

I have some pretty good looking Big Mouth VFTs that I can take some pics of when some of their traps open up. They're a bit on the small side diameter-wise (about 3-4 inches) but some of the traps are about an inch long so if your interested reply on this thread...

John

Hey John,

Thanks for the offer. I'm interested in anything I can get. I can't promise that I will use the photos, but if you're willing to let me, then I would love to take a look.

Thanks!

GREAT site, Matt.
Love the cultivar list!!!!!!!!
Keep up the current info, we need it.

GREAT site, Matt.
Love the cultivar list!!!!!!!!
Keep up the current info, we need it.

Thanks! I'll do my best to keep it up to date and full of good information.

I remember going through your site a while back and being amazed at how nice it is. Part of me hopes you'll extend the style to other plants.... Extensive care sheets like those are really great.

I remember going through your site a while back and being amazed at how nice it is. Part of me hopes you'll extend the style to other plants.... Extensive care sheets like those are really great.

Thanks for the nice compliment! I really hope to extend to all species of carnivorous plants as my interest in them grows. I currently have a few Sarracenia and Drosera and I can see myself getting enough interest in them to branch out to them as well. More projects someday...

'Holland Red' fk yeah holland :p

Back