What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

babies hatched!

I planted these seeds pretty much as soon as i got them from mama plant and waited and waited. I had basically given up hope but then the other day noticed itty bitty little fly traps coming up. Horay!:banana2:

They are sooooo tiny i just couldn't believe it. No wonder these things are endangered...:-(

I sent alot off to other people too hopefully they can get theirs to grow too. Apparently you just put em in some LFS keep it wet and wait.

Here are the babies... There are alot more that aren't pictured too. Most of them don't have little traps yet though.

babies.jpg

Here is mama plant. Making seeds really took it out of her as she has tiny traps now too.

mama.jpg

On another note my sundews are doing really good too.

new060508.jpg

lol cute small mouth's :p
they really are cute :D

Awww, very cute ;) I'm glad it worked out for you :)

congratulations. :) You are one proud papa. :D :p

You are one proud papa. :D :p

I don't want to know how you polinate plants vraev :-O

Good luck with your new baby vft's man, will take a while before they get a decent size but its quite rewarding!

We're pretty happy here that it worked out, so far at least.

In total I've counted 13 seddlings. :-D

They look great!

Out of the 5 seeds that you gave to me, I got 3 to germinate under grow lights. I probably could have gotten a fourth, but it got attacked by mold; the last one must have gotten buried or lost somehow.
I sowed all of mine on a peat and sand mix.
Right now, the cotyledons are completely opened and the first traps are about to open.

Thanks again for being so generous, I'll post pics of the babies soon!

Wow, awesome. I guess I managed to pollinate the flowers pretty good.

Didn't I give you 10 seeds? Either way it's cool they're germinating...

Wow, awesome. I guess I managed to pollinate the flowers pretty good.

Didn't I give you 10 seeds? Either way it's cool they're germinating...

Yep, you did a good job. :)

And, no, I only found 5 seeds in the bag. It was completely sealed too, so they couldn't have fallen out.
It's fine though, I was happy with 5. It's my first time.

Yep, you did a good job. :)

And, no, I only found 5 seeds in the bag. It was completely sealed too, so they couldn't have fallen out.
It's fine though, I was happy with 5. It's my first time.

That's weird, i could have swore I sent out 10. I sent out 10 to everyone else i'm pretty sure. I read somewhere that you should at least start with 20 to make sure they germinate and I thought 10 was too little, but apparently you got it to work with 3 seeds :-O

Back