User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damaged Shipment Of 13 Red Dragons, Will They Survive??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those don't look bad at all. I bet all of them survive if you're gentle with them for a couple of weeks and give them time to recover. Then just start growing them like healthy VFTs...lots of sun and clean water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, those look actually pretty good considering the wreckage... I dont see any that really look dismal... and the thing is most dismal vft's so long as the rhizome is healthy recover as well... so yours should be more than fine...

could be a bonus...if you've got those stray leaves and go for pullings I'm sure you'll have some take and then you'll actually be up a couple plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they look fine to me... I'd just kinda baby them for a while until they get some new growth. You know, higher humidity, lots of light, and good purified water and then if and when your plants perk up you can slowly acclimate them to more outdoorsy conditions. I'm still a bit new to this so if i'm wrong feel free to correct me

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mmlr38, cmm889...
    That makes me feel alittle better about the whole situation, the box looked like someone kicked it, then inside the way the VFTs were all jumbled up in a wad of peatmix it looked awful, was like someone took all the VFTs outa there cell pack and wadded um up like a snowball and tossed um into the bottom corner of the box, like someone had shaken the box real bad, it clearly stated on the box "THIS SIDE UP" But it was the way the VFTs were packed is the reason why they all fell outa there peatmix cells, Insted of just wraping the cells in bubble wrap like they did, they should have used tap/paper toweld across the peatmix around the VFT in each cell then something place ontop of the whole cell pack to stop them from being crushed/dumped out, or bagged individualy. Most the traps have peatmix inside the closed traps and ALOT of the traps were rolled like a toilet tube and the leafy part twisted and or snaped in half, alot of the new traps developing had snaped off completely durring the whole shook up mess. Im just thankfull there still alive.. One of them also has a baby growing i didnt seperate them due to the stress already so that makes a total of 14 RD's, when GP_Princess and I only orderd 10..

Thats the plan Flytrapdude92, baby um/pamper um till there totaly destressed and growing well then slowly aclamate them to sun then to full sun..
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem barracuda!

really though they'll bounce back super quick no problem.
    I just recently repotted and seperated out some seedlings I had growing from a couple leaf pullings... and turns out the rhizome was just running sideways and producing a ton of smaller plants, I had 15 small vft's from just two leaves... eitherway though they were in a peat mix and by the time I seperated them and then repotted them most of their traps were closed with either peat or perlite or something that wasn't food... they rebounded really quickly and I may have lost maybe one or two traps and leaves out of the massive repot and not a single plant...

your rhizomes are bigger... you should be safer even...

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update, well there all hanging in there, you can now tell which leafs/traps got damaged durring the whole mess, they are turning black, but good thing is they all perked right up and are showing signs of growing even with what they just went thru.. I will snap some more pics of them in few days..
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vfts are a lot tougher than they are given credit for. They look pretty great compared to some plants I got in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey how are those red dragons doing? Any pics you could put on since the last ones you took because i've been kinda curious how they'd end up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast