What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woo Hoo B52

Empyrean

Destiny VS Cause And Effect
LOL I SERIOUSLY DON'T KNO Y ITS PAYDAY ON MONEY I ALREADY SPENDING MORE THAN I MAKE IN HALF MONTH. TOTALLY INSANELY OBSESSED WITH CARINOROUS PLANTS LOL ORDER 4 B52 DIONAEA AND FEW OTHER VFT, NOW ALL I NEED IS WACKY TRAP AND FUESED TOOTH, OR MAYBE OTHER UNIQUE TRAP THAT I MUST HAVE ......... CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEY ARRIVE :hail: :boogie:

Well congratulations then! I can tell you must be very excited by the way you're typing. Don't ask how.

I ALREADY SPENDING MORE THAN I MAKE IN HALF MONTH.

Not smart, you are not being wise with your money at all! How about investing your money into an asset that will generate income for the sole purpose of ordering plants for your private collection. That away you won't be spending your grocery money, the money to pay your bills, the money to pay your mortgage or the money that pays off credit cards before they rack up interest on you. It's too expensive to keep ordering retail why don't you save up and place a wholesale order and then cover your overhead like shipping expenses and import fees, keep what you want and sell off the bulk of your order. Rid yourself of your "Consumer Mentality". Money is a tool and you need to make wise choices with your money. You don't have to have everything you see, why do you think I didn't participate in the NASC auction. Even though it was for a good cause the plants were no longer bargains after so many bids and it became just about as expensive as ordering one plant retail plus shipping.

What site did you order the B52 cultivar from because I was having trouble finding it

could you pm me the address

thanks

Not smart, you are not being wise with your money at all! How about investing your money into an asset that will generate income for the sole purpose of ordering plants for your private collection. That away you won't be spending your grocery money, the money to pay your bills, the money to pay your mortgage or the money that pays off credit cards before they rack up interest on you. It's too expensive to keep ordering retail why don't you save up and place a wholesale order and then cover your overhead like shipping expenses and import fees, keep what you want and sell off the bulk of your order. Rid yourself of your "Consumer Mentality". Money is a tool and you need to make wise choices with your money. You don't have to have everything you see, why do you think I didn't participate in the NASC auction. Even though it was for a good cause the plants were no longer bargains after so many bids and it became just about as expensive as ordering one plant retail plus shipping.

Uhhh, I'm pretty sure he was kidding on that one.

ALREADY SPENDING MORE THAN I MAKE IN HALF MONTH.

Not smart, you are not being wise with your money at all. How about saving your money and investing in an asset for the sole purpose of generating income to purchase plants for your collection. Instead of spending your grocery money, your bill money, the money that keeps the lights on, you get the picture?

How about ordering wholesale the plant you want to add to your collection. Keep what you want and sell off the rest, raising the prices to cover your overhead like shipping expenses and import fees you can even make a buck. There is a good example of an asset that could help you generate income and it also expands your collection. Save your money and make wise choices don't blow it, becuase it does not come out the faucet.

Uhhh, I'm pretty sure he was kidding on that one.

I had typed that whole thing and then FF encountered a problem and closed, I thought I had lost all that lol. Anyways it is a bit more reader friendly, see the above post.:-O

well ya i should spend my money wisly... but carnivorous is my interesting.. i need to buy to satisfy myself. =[

well ya i should spend my money wisly... but carnivorous is my interesting.. i need to buy to satisfy myself. =[

I think alot of us have the same prob... LOL!!!! After all our bills are paid and the drag car gets whatever it needs, then i see what i have left over and use that to get what CPs im after IF i can afford it, but yup always needing a CP FIX!!!:-D Congrats on your new B52's and other new plants. Jen and i are both after B52 for our VFT collection, she managed to order herself one or 2. I think ol ma is gona sneak one when shes not around.... :p :D Please post pics when ya get um in...

Not smart, you are not being wise with your money at all! How about investing your money into an asset that will generate income for the sole purpose of ordering plants for your private collection. That away you won't be spending your grocery money, the money to pay your bills, the money to pay your mortgage or the money that pays off credit cards before they rack up interest on you. It's too expensive to keep ordering retail why don't you save up and place a wholesale order and then cover your overhead like shipping expenses and import fees, keep what you want and sell off the bulk of your order.

This is hardly practical at all for the casual grower. So what you're saying is to basically to save up money so you can import hundreds of plants, then set up a business to compete with all the other well established nurseries that sell the same products? That seems more fiscally irresponsible to me.

LOL I SERIOUSLY DON'T KNO Y ITS PAYDAY ON MONEY I ALREADY SPENDING MORE THAN I MAKE IN HALF MONTH.

Let's try and avoid the capslock key in the future, please.

xvart.

All off-topic posts have been deleted. Further conversation along the lines of where it was going will result in this topic being close.

xvart.

I'm not sure if this is on topic or not but what is the difference between a B52 and just a typical besides the price?

B52 cultivar has the largest traps. up to 2"

I'm not sure if this is on topic or not but what is the difference between a B52 and just a typical besides the price?

Other than what SirKristoff stated, VERY HARD TO FIND, also i have seen some AWFULY LARGE Big Mouths, Red Giants and Big Vig's which i think there might be some out there that have surpassed the trap size and growth of the B52...

This clone consistently grows traps over the 1.5" size when mature - up to 2.5" has been mentioned. The traps leaves are larger on both dimensions - measured parallel with the hinge as well as perpendicular to the hinge. The traps will take on a deep maroon color inside and out in good sun.

There's not much to give scale in this shot of some VFTs at a nursery other then the plant tags and the 4 1/8th inch pots. The 'B52' is the front row plant on the right that dwarfed everything in the case:
P6280133.jpg

Here's one of my 'B52's from last year showing the coloration they can pick up. Traps are probably 2/3 to 1/2 the size of Peter's plant above. 3.5" pot:
03570006.jpg

03560019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recieved my plants today :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: and let me tell you that you won't be dissapointed! Here's mine fresh out of the box.
100_0196.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0198.jpg
[/IMG]

And 3 out of the 4 traps that are there are at least 1" so if that isn't a great indicator of the plant health then I don't know what is! :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recieved mine also in the mail today and I am very happy

Oh I really want one now! Those things are huge!

yeah maneatingmoo they are some pretty huge traps :-O

Overmind: would you mind posting some pics of your B52s. I would like to see how good yours look :-D

I would but I don't have a digital camera with me at school

Back