What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Can't Believe I'm About To Ask This But..... Can I Get An ID On This?

I know there are all these cultivars now, well what is this?
2008_07290004.jpg

A Close up
2008_07290005.jpg

Thanks

Typical with great color.

How comes it has tiny traps in the middle?

There's another plant in there.

How do you know if they are cultivars if you don't know what they are? If they don't have a "pedigree" or obvious characteristics like 'Cupped Trap' then they're just as elgecko said.

I didnt type I know if it is a cultivar, I typed, I knw there are all these weird ones out there like G16 and GH20 billion or whatever. There is Typical, Dente and Red Dragon, how do I know it wasnt one of them?? Obviously its not a Red Dragon, but it might have been something else.

i see a healty typical...nothing more!

I didnt type I know if it is a cultivar, I typed, I knw there are all these weird ones out there like G16 and GH20 billion or whatever. There is Typical, Dente and Red Dragon, how do I know it wasnt one of them?? Obviously its not a Red Dragon, but it might have been something else.

If it doesnt have a tag that you know is verifieable, then it is a typical. It's not because your plant is just a 'typical' that it isn't special or unique

The status of cultivars in Dionaea is sketchy at best; especially if it was "unnamed" to begin with.

xvart.

JayJay,

xvart is right, the status of cultivars of Dionaea is very sketchy at best. Because of this, it is better to just call the plant a typical.

Giovanni

That's the right thing to do, but technically if it matches the description of an existing cultivar year after year, you can call it that.

It's stupid, but technically....

If you ask me, most of the existing cultivars are nothing but healthy typicals :p "This plant is Amaranth instead of red! Cultivar!"

As they all said, i would just say a healthy Typical
there are too many cultivars that look similar to say for sure. Best just call it a Typical.

Back