Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insecticide Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Insecticide Question

I just went to target yesterday and found a systematic insecticide called Triazicide. It says that it will control pests for up to 2 months and that it won't harm plants. Does anyone know if it works and/or if there is any reason not to use it. It comes in one of those little spray bottles. And here is the link to the website: http://www.spectracide.com/ProductCa...LawnGardenRTU/

thanks

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a pyrethroid (Pyrethrin like chemical). It's not a systemic insecticide and will wash off your plants.

Pyrethroids are generally okay to use with CPs, but try a few test sprayings before a larger or wide application. Use with extreme caution on Drosera.

http://pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Chem...Rec_Id=PC35463
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap thbjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know which insect pest you're trying to kill, but I can recommend this product from Bayer. http://www.bayeradvanced.com/product...iller/rtu.html I've used it for aphids on Drosera and VFT's with no bad effects. It's available at Lowe's, Home Depot and other places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright I think that my mom has some of that stuff but I was worried about the Rose part of it so I didn't use it but I'll definently give it a try...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using a lot of Neem oil lately.

I mainly use it to combat fungus but have noticed that fungus gnats and mites detest the stuff. They jump and squirm and scurry about trying to get outta the stuff.

Neem oil is all organic and have not seen it damage any VFT, Nep or Sarr.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fryster View Post
    I've been using a lot of Neem oil lately.

I mainly use it to combat fungus but have noticed that fungus gnats and mites detest the stuff. They jump and squirm and scurry about trying to get outta the stuff.

Neem oil is all organic and have not seen it damage any VFT, Nep or Sarr.
    Where can you get Neem oil? As one site suggests, is it safe to use dish soap with it to allow mixing with water?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flytrapdude92 View Post
    I just went to target yesterday and found a systematic insecticide called Triazicide. It says that it will control pests for up to 2 months and that it won't harm plants. Does anyone know if it works and/or if there is any reason not to use it. It comes in one of those little spray bottles. And here is the link to the website: http://www.spectracide.com/ProductCa...LawnGardenRTU/

thanks
    One word. Orthenex. I have used it on a number of different genera with no ill effects whatsoever. Use the pre-mixed spray. It's a systemic insecticide and it lasts for months in my experience and I have had the same can for two years. Neem oil I have found to have little lasting effect, though others swear by it. I simply do not have the luxury of time for constant reapplication.

Nuke the pests from orbit . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't seem to locate Orthenex in the stores here (I'm in Canada).

Has anyone used the "Fungus Gnat Spray" made by Wilson? The active ingredients are: Resmethrin 0.25%, Tetramethrin 0.25%...

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast