What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Claytons Red Sunset, Anyone Have One?

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
Was just wondering anyone have a Claytons Red Sunset, if so by any chance do you have any pics of what it looks like, is it a fast grower or slow? Im planning on getting 2 to add to my collection and just wonderd what the whole VFT looks like as i have only seen pics of just a trap so far..
Thanks....:hail:

I hear it is a slow grower. apparently the petioles are almost always long and thin, even its winter leaves, most of the mature traps are entirely red except some of the on immature traps, and when exposed to full sunlight it gets a deep purple almost black. thats all i really know about this cultivar. it is a very beautiful red cultivar though.

I have it and I love it, I prefer it over red dragon and other all red type VFTs

Mine green trap lips while everything else is red

v33n1p22f4.jpg
There ya go. I found it on the ICPS cultivar page.

isn't that red dragon the one with green edges?? all the pics i have seen with claytons red the plant is completly red

You can never judge a red form by it's color from one photograph. The color varies depending on amount and quality of light, age of the plant, season and a myriad of other cultivation and environmental factors. Without sufficient light any "all" red form will have some green.

You can never judge a red form by it's color from one photograph. The color varies depending on amount and quality of light, age of the plant, season and a myriad of other cultivation and environmental factors. Without sufficient light any "all" red form will have some green.

I have to totaly agree with NaN on this. Thanks for the input NaN..:bigthumpup:

And THANKS everyone for helping... :D

Hey Capensis, i like the red color of that one in the pic ya linked from ICPS, i like how its more of a real red aposed to the red dragons which to me are more a maroonish redish color...

If anyone else has one PLEASE post a pic.. THANKS GUYS!!!:hail: ;)

Yes....the light of course!.....but i was comparing pics form growers that grow both cultivars and assuming that they keep them in same conditions............anyway.......if that's not the diferece between these 2 then what is???....beside the price!!!

I had a really nice one that grew rapidly. Unfortunately, however, it perished in the recent flytrap, butterwort, sundew plague that has befallen me. That one really hurt.

Look through ----- page and you should find a photograph of the cultivar:-(

cant post websites or other CP sales websites on this forum, only the flytrapshop.com site.

Yeah...sorry totally forgot :sleep:

Doesn't anyone on here know how to use google image search? :poke:

Found some photographs of this particular cultivar although please note the site has a shop that is not active yet, if i am breaking any rules by posting it please let me know and i will refrain from doing so.

http://www.myvenusflytrap.com/mvfgal/v/claytons/

Please note the plant in the picture i mentioned earlier on that other site exhibited green leaves with a margin of green around red traps-so i guess light intensity and length influence how red this plant gets-or maybe age is another factor you should consider aswell?

Anyway hope this helps

Rules were made to be broken,right?:p

The picture that's in the middle and right look a lot like 'Akai Ryu'.

Back