Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: seed germination

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seed germination

Is anything special needed to get VFT seeds to germinate, or do i just sow them in a pot & put it outside with my other plants? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sowing them in a pot is fine. You don't need to do anything special. If you put the pot outside, you might want to protect it a bit from the elements. Hard rain or hail might bounce the seeds out of the pot.

I usually allow the seeds to germinate in a container where I can keep the humidity artificially high and then move the seeds to standard pots, but I don't think that this is necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I am currently trying to get a set of these to grow by just exactly that method - outside in a seed tray with a covering to protect from the elements but plenty of ventilation. A bit of covering so they get filtered light, but I don't know if that is even necessary.

I germinated some last year but managed to kill them while I was on vacation. I did those under CF lights and they sprang up in a few weeks. It seems like they are not too picky by that measure.