Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where in the bog is the "B-52"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Barracuda :P.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My typicals do not even compare to the vigorousness or sheer size of the traps that my B52s produce.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine must be a runt then. I don't see it yet.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    Mine must be a runt then. I don't see it yet.
    Here's a pic from February. In 5 months, look how they've grown in the pic above. Note in this pic I had some Chilean LFS as top dressing.

The VFT on the right (3 oclock position) is some sort of unknown supposedly large variant that hasn't lived up to its name that I got off ebay. It flowered and right now it's only got some very small mutated looking traps. The one one at the 6 o clock position is a red dragon, which has done very well. The one in the middle and top (12 oclock) are B52s and have practically taken over the entire pot. The 6:30 position VFT is a red piranha. That one hasn't been growing terribly fast, not nearly as well as the B52s or Red Dragon.

The 2 small ones at the 9:30 position are typicals from a store. I have since also put another typical in the pot that has grown decently enough, and I have a whole pot of 99 cent store typicals that for some reason only have 1 cluster of well growing VFTs, but by that I mean the traps are like 3/4". The B52s have a few that are 1 3/4". Keep in mind they just came out of tissue culture when I got them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Alien my B-52 has been in the bog since last summer. It went dormant right where it is and I did not disturb it. So Like I said these are supposed to be genetically identical so it should grow just like yours, but its not. It is getting enough light and water and not growing as fast as the others. They are all in a circulating bog and in full sun. So like I said I don;t see it in my B-52. It might surprise me next year when its in a pot on its own, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am glad i have the plant. As I said before be aware of all the hype and I still feel it is not worth paying a very high price for. Now of course things are worth whatever you think they are worth. So if you don't mind paying out the butt go for it. I wouldn't. But some people would because of the hype and not the plants growth characteristics.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    Well Alien my B-52 has been in the bog since last summer. It went dormant right where it is and I did not disturb it. So Like I said these are supposed to be genetically identical so it should grow just like yours, but its not. It is getting enough light and water and not growing as fast as the others. They are all in a circulating bog and in full sun. So like I said I don;t see it in my B-52. It might surprise me next year when its in a pot on its own, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am glad i have the plant. As I said before be aware of all the hype and I still feel it is not worth paying a very high price for. Now of course things are worth whatever you think they are worth. So if you don't mind paying out the butt go for it. I wouldn't. But some people would because of the hype and not the plants growth characteristics.
    That's very strange that we have completely different results. Do you think it's possible you were sold a non-B52? I'm not trying to gloat or anything. I'm just saying in my case the hype was true it seems.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not trying to say the hype was not true, but rather is it worth the extra money?

I was given the B-52 as a small plant from TC when another member bought a couple them. I am sure it is a B-52, but I am just not seeing the same results. I dunno.
    JB

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly why Dionaea cultivars should come with a certificate of authenticity.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast