What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My VFT seeds are sprouting.

My VFT seeds that I got from JB_OrchidGuy are starting to sprout and its only been 10
days since I planted them. Do they usually germinate that quick? I thought it would take
longer than that. The seeds were planted on a 2:1:1 mix of peat/perlite/vermiculite on
7-18-08 and its in one of those plastic food cantainers with a lid under T8 fluorescent lights
for 16 hours a day.

Heres some pics:
fly1ea9.jpg

fly6qb9.jpg
]
fly2bp3.jpg

fly5pc3.jpg
fly4jk4.jpg

fly7jj9.jpg

fly8yl9.jpg

fly9ns7.jpg

fly10gc2.jpg

fly11jo1.jpg

thats about how long it took for mine to start germinating. lol.

Congratulations and nice shots. I know how hard it is to take photos of those tiny things germinating!

10 days is pretty quick, but I have had the first signs of germination start that quickly with most of the germination taking place after about 3 weeks. Looks like most of yours are germinating after 10 days. That's great!

Good job. Mine hatched out a few months ago and are doing good too. Takes them a long time to get any size....

Congratulations on the germination! Have fun seeing them grow to full maturity.

Awwww look at them! Nice pictures, what kind of camera/lens were you using??

Cant wait to see more when they get bigger!

*waves to fellow Coloradoan mmlr38*

Awwww look at them! Nice pictures, what kind of camera/lens were you using??

The camera is a Canon PowerShot SD630. The camera was found in the trash, somebody
thru it away because the lcd screen on it was broke and the lens was stuck open. It did'nt
have a battery in it, so I decided to buy one of those cheap generic battery's off of ebay
to see if I could get it working again. The lens I got working again but the lcd screen is
totaly shot and I plan on putting a new one on it someday but right now I am useing my
T.V as a big veiwfinder with the A/V cable from my other camera. My other camera won't
take very good close up pictures but this canon one surprised me as to how well it actually
works. So far all I have spent on this camera is $14.00 dollars.

Here is a link that list the Specifications for this camera:
http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cam.../4507-6501_7-31740584.html?hhTest=1&tag=mncol

Congrads on the seed germination!

Thanks for posting your pictures I just harvested some flytrap seeds this'll be my first time growing them from seeds I know it takes some time to grow big, but that's fine I have adults already so it'll be good to try something new and I hope your flytrap seedlings do well in the comming years Telefotoguy please post an update once they grow a little. =)

Here's some updated pics of some of the seedlings. Some are starting to grow traps..

paste81820081vz9.jpg

paste81820084ih1.jpg

paste81820083dl8.jpg

paste81820082jx0.jpg
paste81820080br0.jpg

Nice, they're cute :3! So many updates now!

Pretty and cute. I hope they grow well for you!

Back