sorry i'm having difficulty seeing the cutting in the 3rd picture
    gratz that the leafpulling works
    never seems to work for me
    Happy Holiday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same here.. I've tried to do leaf pullings for 8 months now.. not a single one struck. Trying in a ziplock bag now with lfs and very wet conditions in a bright south facing window but no direct sunlight as it will boil them...

What are my odds?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adymitruk View Post
    same here.. I've tried to do leaf pullings for 8 months now.. not a single one struck. Trying in a ziplock bag now with lfs and very wet conditions in a bright south facing window but no direct sunlight as it will boil them...

What are my odds?
    I've done the zip-lock bag / live sphagnum technique with some reasonable success -- around eighty percent. The most important thing to do with Dionaea leaf-pulls is to ensure that a bit of the whitish rhizome (or corm) tissue is included, that they are kept at about room Tb, in bright but indirect light, and not saturated. The only time a leaf pulls have failed was when I didn't manage to collect enough rhizome.

Occasionally, I've have also used Rootone (which has a fungicide) and / or Clonex to encourage root formation but the plants seem to do that readily on their own.

Good luck . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adymitruk View Post

What are my odds?
    once, i put it on a windowsill.....it didnt work... i came back and the bag was steaming. all the couple of live bit i put in there to get it started all died.
    Happy Holiday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I struck before by having it in a ziplock in my terrarium (I left the baggie open a bit to let it have come circulation). I kept it very moist, but not completely wet and only used a peat/perlite mix. After The first leaf was forming, I took off the baggie. The first leaf would´ve formed and the plantet live, but I killed it with Superthrive.

Nice strikes btw
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admittedly, that one pic isn't obvious... but it's there. Leaf pull seem to work best when the basal part is intact and that is nestled in live LFS, under artificial lighting. Maybe being outside would be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capensis View Post
    I struck before by having it in a ziplock in my terrarium (I left the baggie open a bit to let it have come circulation). I kept it very moist, but not completely wet and only used a peat/perlite mix. After The first leaf was forming, I took off the baggie. The first leaf would´ve formed and the plantet live, but I killed it with Superthrive.

Nice strikes btw
    i just figured out i killed my first drosera/sarracenia/vft with superthrive too...
    and yesterday as i was repotting my vft and seperating the one that isnt flowering(i left the flowering ones alone) . i found 2 leafpulling that struck... but i dont know where i left it, i was planning on potting it up after i take it off, i forgot where i left it... there was abit of strong wind so i think it blew somewhere. these are leaves that were black, but when i pulled and it had the white rhizome thing on the bottom.

my attempt to grow live sphagnum never works.
    Happy Holiday

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast