sorry i'm having difficulty seeing the cutting in the 3rd picture
gratz that the leafpulling works
never seems to work for me
same here.. I've tried to do leaf pullings for 8 months now.. not a single one struck. Trying in a ziplock bag now with lfs and very wet conditions in a bright south facing window but no direct sunlight as it will boil them...
What are my odds?
Occasionally, I've have also used Rootone (which has a fungicide) and / or Clonex to encourage root formation but the plants seem to do that readily on their own.
Good luck . . .
“Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."
-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei
I struck before by having it in a ziplock in my terrarium (I left the baggie open a bit to let it have come circulation). I kept it very moist, but not completely wet and only used a peat/perlite mix. After The first leaf was forming, I took off the baggie. The first leaf would´ve formed and the plantet live, but I killed it with Superthrive.
Nice strikes btw
Admittedly, that one pic isn't obvious... but it's there. Leaf pull seem to work best when the basal part is intact and that is nestled in live LFS, under artificial lighting. Maybe being outside would be better.
and yesterday as i was repotting my vft and seperating the one that isnt flowering(i left the flowering ones alone) . i found 2 leafpulling that struck... but i dont know where i left it, i was planning on potting it up after i take it off, i forgot where i left it... there was abit of strong wind so i think it blew somewhere. these are leaves that were black, but when i pulled and it had the white rhizome thing on the bottom.
my attempt to grow live sphagnum never works.
I'm going to be posting pictures sometime soon in the next week of my recent VFT leaf pulling success... around 80% I think....
Personally I kept mine very saturated... I dont believe this is really the way to go about it in the long run... as I think thats why my strike rate was only 80%... but however I just used a white bowl with LFSM, dismantled a smaller vft that was on the decline due to an old potting mixture and made sure I took off all traps, and that each leaf had its good portion of rhizome... and I waited. I took my pullings on June 2. ( I marked the container ) and they are just now to a size really worth repotting...
I also got the bonus with some real LFSM regrowth which is the first time I've got actual sizeable growth...
anyways, I'll post some photo's soon...
Here's a shot to show the "missing' vft.
Also, the photos above are hosted on photobucket. I would suggest they be resized to 640X480 (like this photo) so they fit on ou screens and no "side schrolling" is needed.