Thread: water for venus fly trap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    http://www.txpeer.org/toxictour/laredo.html

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/complian...tr/riosum.html

A TDS meter will not detect Volatile Organic Compounds.

"The 30 chemicals that exceeded screening levels were considered to be of potential concern, and were assigned an approximate level of importance based on occurrence. A high-priority group included residual chlorine, methylene chloride, toluene, arsenic, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, nickel, selenium, silver, zinc, chlordane, p,p'-DDE, dieldrin, gamma-BHC (lindane), total PCBs, and cyanide. A medium-priority group consisted of non-ionized ammonia, para-chloro-meta cresol, phenol, and diazinon. A low priority group was composed of phenolics recoverable, chloroform, antimony, thallium, bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate, diethyl phthalate, and di-n-butyl phthalate."
    Presumably, there are some water standards even deep in the heart of Texas. Do you honestly believe that the Rio Grande is that polluted? Lexington Reservoir in Northern CA occasionally has a reek much like the river, but the water is reasonably clean, nonetheless . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, but what if the standards are not enforced?

"TNRCC has also failed to strengthen the regulation and inspection of the warehouses along the creeks emptying into the Rio Grande that many believe are the major source of the toxic contamination.

Dr. Earhart and others are convinced that neither the city nor the TNRCC commissioners, appointed by Governor George Bush, are doing enough to address the pollution in the Rio Grande. "I'm afraid that there's just not enough enforcement by the TNRCC."(6) Tom Bond, president of the Rio Grande International Study Center said, " I used to think that we had the EPA, ... and the TNRCC, we had people who were looking after the river and the environment in general, and [I] eventually came to the realization that wasn't necessarily the case."(7)"

Mexico is also dumping raw sewage into the Rio Grande. That's not something you can get away with in Northern California.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just buy distilled water. :]
    “I don’t at all like knowing what people say of me behind my back. It makes me far too conceited.”
    —Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12