What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT jungle?

So I was just watering my plants today when I noticed a small beetle crawling around one of my traps. I also noticed a small little spider and it's web near the growing point of my typical. And at times I notice that insects do rest on my plant. Is this normal? I was thinking about it and it would make sense to say that my vft pot is like a jungle for all these insects (who don't get eaten) but I am not so sure. What do you guys think? Do bugs live with your VFTs?

So I was just watering my plants today when I noticed a small beetle crawling around one of my traps. I also noticed a small little spider and it's web near the growing point of my typical. And at times I notice that insects do rest on my plant. Is this normal? I was thinking about it and it would make sense to say that my vft pot is like a jungle for all these insects (who don't get eaten) but I am not so sure. What do you guys think? Do bugs live with your VFTs?

i got more than 50 in my pots.... dead ones though...

It's most likely due to the fact that they're attracted to their nectar/aroma.

Spiders like living around my carnivores, there is this one spider that creates a web from sarracenia pitcher to sarracenia pitcher, he's also not afraid to go inside them and get food that way (he always manages to get out)

Back