Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: winter outdoor leafcutting propagation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HyDxSiJiu View Post
    what u want me to do?
    How about show a little respect for others? You were in a public garden designed for the education and enjoyment of others, so c’mon don’t be a selfish jerk and start sniping off a little of this, pulling up this or that plant, or pocketing as many seeds as you can of this-that-or-the-other plant that you don’t have in your collection *yet*. If everyone had the same attitude towards "sampling" the displays as you there would be nothing left for anyone else to see on display and there would no longer be public access to great collections because anyone with awesome plants would be afraid some "guest" would just lop off the top of their favorite nep or uproot an awesome orchid and stuff it in their bag on their way out.

Anybody come into my garden or residence and just start traipsing around and taking whatever they would like would royally piss me off and be looking to get their *** thrown out not another question asked, not to mention you were doing this in the national arboretum

I am confused why you would post something like this…most people on this forum want to promote carnivorous plants and their conservation by having them in public attention and obviously will quickly jump on you for this post so I dunno if you were trying to brag or just get attention but yeah…not a cool thing to be doing. Some brains…please.

It is kinda of a no brainer that taking seeds from plants on public display is a no-no, illegal move. Hell, just about any backwoods nature trail has a sign saying something along the lines of don’t take plants, flowers, or seeds and to leave them for others to enjoy too…so I am pretty sure the national arboretum would be pretty strict about what is considered legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty shocked by this thread... I didn't even dare TOUCH the CPs at the CP show I went to, except the ones I was considering buying. My hands were behind my back when I was looking at other people's plants, to resist the temptation to so much as touch the pitcher on a Nep. I'm 15 years old and I have more morals than you. What a shock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. What you and your "granny" did was wrong. It hurts even more to hear that not only did you simply steal, but you stole from a place that is meant to educate the public about organisms that are threatened by people.
    -Joel from Southern California

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12