Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: When to awake?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When to awake?

So I plunged y Fly trap into dormancy roughly in November sometime.

Should I take him away from the window now? It's still pretty chilly outside.

If I were to put him in a lowland nepenthes terrarium, would that be too hot, to quickly?
    What do you guys suggest as the best way to wake up my poor Fred Meyer's Cylinder of death plant?
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now is the right time.

Light, warmth and plenty of air movement is what's needed.

What's wrong with your current windowsill? Haven't you got a warm, southern facing one?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

Actually no, I don't I live in an apartment that has two windows facing the same direction I don't what direction it is but Im assuming East/northeast. Its not terribly bright at any rate, or warm. The window I ave it on is pretty cool and I like to keep it open.

The terrarium's air is pretty stale, so that is not too good. But that is the warmest most humid place I have. I live in Oregon, and I'm about to go back to Alaska, so I'm just assuming that room temp wouldn't be the prime condition, right?
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take my VFTs and Sarrs out in mid February. The sarrs are all throwing flower spikes. VFTs are maing small traps for now.

I LOVE IT!
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I allow my plants to experience a natural dormancy by keeping them on an unheated south facing porch. It seems to me that mid February is the right time to bring them out of dormancy if you do force them into dormancy. Around mid February I start seeing a lot of new growth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.
    It's just a bit colder here in the NW. It was snowing (very mildly) yesterday. I'm just guessing that outside temps wouldn't stimulate a whole lot of growth. Either way he's nice and warm now inside next tothe closed window. I can't wait for him to wake up and put out some traps :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It snowed here yesterday as well and the high today was in the 30sF. As long as there is sunlight, my plants seem to grow as long as the temperature is above freezing.