What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT seedling dormancy

Hi My question is can I skip vft's dormancy for the first year after germination?
I am trying to do this with a terrarium and heat pad. Will they survive better this way than putting them out in a glasshouse that will get near zero centigrade over winter?
Thanks for putting up with another newby question.

Yes, you can skip dormancy for seedlings the first year and they'll be fine. I had some in a terrarium all winter and they did well. I also let some go into dormancy with the rest of my plants. Obviously the ones in the terrarium that skipped dormancy are larger.

mmlr38: Thanks alot that is very encouraging and what I had hoped. Also your vft website is really great, I found that really useful as well.

mmlr38: Thanks alot that is very encouraging and what I had hoped. Also your vft website is really great, I found that really useful as well.
Great, I'm glad you found the site useful!

Back