What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well at least you know that vft is alive... since its sending up a flower stalk,

but obviously a plant in that state your not exactly going to want to risk the flowering at this point...

normally you'd let it grow an inch or two and then snip it and use it for a cutting for a bonus plant :) but again, if I were you I think i'd snip that immediately... the vft needs a hug :)

Good luck

Way ahead of ya, did the snip last night once I got a better look. Hope it sends up an actual trap soon, there's not much of the original plant left!

The problem you are having is what I had: low temperatures

I now leave my plants inside by a large south facing window in my office. I'll move them outside in May. They'll go back inside when the over-night frosts return. Usually end of November where I live.

I'm wondering if it's light. They only get about 4-6 hours of direct sunlight a day in that nook (the rest of the day is bright indirect light).

My inside rack has a new problem. I noticed all my cuttings have exploded with shoots and my seeds are starting to sprout (still no Cobra Lily Seed strikes, though) -- and my Purple Pitcher Plant is shriveling up despite having very moist soil.

I have a sinking suspicion I'm going to come home to discover the thermometer with min/max memory I installed in there last night is going to say something horrifying for a max...

Back