What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pics of my VFTs.(Akai Ryu,Sawtooth..

Please enjoy and give me some advise to make better my plants.
1- VFT with strange pecioles
OgAAADAKJpEprtDgD89qdRP7PWJqCTwPZzUQl3SUTEqIHvTdVDxaRxbKSuOuw6t7Ywx-9yCfuPunvnYl-bevHlSb0FUAm1T1UOqIliQdWe6WFnuiqcqUEE1eNms7.jpg

2- Mix shot
OgAAAELMbpAJMRdT4v7ntSPSUQ7_TDZOtkPHWvNRK60q0MFVaQ-ymyIA5tWzP-VbV25hKGHbJsC9zx1KYuf_HMMSZZ8Am1T1UF36g7ZzhqzR_mWydh7H3evDKFCr.jpg

3-VFT ´Red Dragon` or ´Akai Ryu`
OgAAAP88DrOtREfKU75f4zo_Yfl-LijdMFDGfrDDA8rJJvucUYhJLMUJeuuUqeeeNUHRBmF9KKy5zs-aF16dsyQAWvoAm1T1UKkQnREC6uIdCPtfEjnrv_c_j_FM.jpg

4-VFT ´Red Dragon`or ´Akai Ryu`
OgAAAC--GxOHeRKGYfI1NhDXBmTbss1tqeDwWjs_zC4gP-JaSJCncX-tJx06BNAL2VpB4hpuyx3z6OLcPlbwPF7KkjkAm1T1UJajEsH57vQwYC-kTIcnYkI4tOMf.jpg

5-VFT ´sawtooth`flowering
OgAAAFkOJRGcPejPjX9kgNYNgMxNPhX17M4Y2FFf54erF55iXhVAPcwaL5_2TO5aHcwHOVgvZw9q7M4DQEj0Z8zIav8Am1T1UIY0SDPNNezah120dJ7fZVy0EFgn.jpg

6-VFT Doubled flower
OgAAAB2uPWoT4fAa-7DUz0l6i99SeiBoL5zlhs_Gh6qHOGFpWEQ1KCNrd11lrDxT5hc8B2LnQkrnZ-oZ6qvNTYlpUBQAm1T1UEu0y8cgK_tqr2n_nKvTQKXZZ9mv.jpg

7-VFT mutante
OgAAAEKipIdXpXCLA_Tlmh2jP8n4bpUVF2GWbCWlZVu3ekBfzDl9fzeg6dzV4bphbABLCLPwMcsxo77lezlUO9s0fXQAm1T1UOGdsd_m-EvQg2hpK46FQBHhD95G.jpg

8-Some mutants with others in same conditions of culture
OgAAALl-yOh68shc_rIfiszeFQErisDdu1YdU_xhP3rnb6tDCD55zSKwZ_eFQK6_A-iCz11vXu5oKdqYpfT7ceRMslUAm1T1ULUApNx5QU1GM5S6ZzUgpW_J3pfY.jpg

9-VFT ´Sawtooth`
OgAAANlGSDCxZGyaOC52meti8_WZiEuKuQbFXoRb9NwNEloEFTEZT04CTK6bRdIIyXklQeWL5WB9OzkBdvOhR0KnucYAm1T1UAldR7RrGjAeCt9TMnJTmTxl4ALM.jpg

10-VFT ´Red Piranha`
OgAAABXWzDZjgBZzuBh5mIVCeTk4zkrpF7d2AxNRnHC8XxuBh99gSkfw_jSaMKAmL0F29l3lbckK4ymX0mwaxUcyVWMAm1T1UI2My2odO2XxXPKKB0lAfG6cJxOw.jpg

11-VFT typical in flowering
OgAAAPaJuZGrJwbNXyytXomSXIum_vqxfyPqexAyasX_jDI0CqxSHH6-YbHZl48DrczPStXG2c2pew1lnTqsa7z7lpQAm1T1UMByvD081KoFIhsGyL-6D6V0mTxB.jpg

12-VFT typical
OgAAAF0A9l2krBrUKS_H6jQy2hex6c0NQi8R_TUOTtqpT36FPJeAUQ3XcUidb-1583HZ_Oetko62OPJLzUgMRF4dE7sAm1T1UA5IxDRsB5jDdGOUX-JQptrMSjsQ.jpg

13-VFT typical
OgAAACaHZtGo6463R9ycMKZ0rmg5gfq6HVi4MkMGYfhhLT-XNGCauV8Hg3i9jf_WuCibTBpnC9HlDyi1BuTZXdEd9RAAm1T1UMqySUlNxNmGMiFTwFiXpMdjGH9v.jpg

I am looking for other variety of VFT.
Always open to trade.
Thanks.

Impressive. Are you planning on opening your own nursery?

Wow! Quite impressive size of that collection! You should start a nursery ;)

1 + nursery

Well done mate

Wow! Very nice plants!

I wast thinking about how this is *NOT* a nursery yet.... Very nice plants. The mutant growth is great! How does that look during dormancy?

Stunning!

Love the red ones in photo 2

Jesus, I hate to think what kind of water you have to go through. Do you use a RO filter or something?

I wast thinking about how this is *NOT* a nursery yet.... Very nice plants. The mutant growth is great! How does that look during dormancy?

Nice quetion!
This mutant do not realy go dormant. Grows slowly but do not stop.
I will post some pics in this winter.
Thanks for your nice words.

Jesus, I hate to think what kind of water you have to go through. Do you use a RO filter or something?

Sorry my friend,
What means RO?
My english is not so good.
Well, I use well-water.
Best regards.

Very Nice Marcos. What's your secret to getting huge traps on your typicals?

Incredible VFTs! It's more you have to ME advice to make my VFTs better. Haha. I fail at VFTs. D: I love the mutant clump.

RO means Reverse Osmosis.

None the less, wonderful/amazing plants.

very nice flytraps there that double flower looks very pretty.

RO means Reverse Osmosis.

None the less, wonderful/amazing plants.

Hi SeanH,
I do not use RO water, just well-water and sometimes rain water.
Is RO water good for VFTs?
Thanks

Rain water is good. Well water is perhaps bad, depending on the amount of dissolved minerals in your well water. For a more complete discussion about water quality, read the pages starting at
http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq3360.html

I don't really understand the mutant variety. It just looks like a really impressive plant with an awesome growth pattern. What exactly about it is mutated, so to speak?

NICE! I envy you! I barely have enough room for just a handful of plants.
Those venus fly traps look hungry :-D

I don't really understand the mutant variety. It just looks like a really impressive plant with an awesome growth pattern. What exactly about it is mutated, so to speak?
Hi,
Mutant variety because the plant grows slowly and forms a lot of growing poit.

Back