Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New VFT!! YAY!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a special lamp for sunlight, and i admit that i still have a bit of planning to do with the dormancy situation... but dont worry about it, all will be just fine.

I am pretty sure everything is fine thank you, and if i see that my VFT is having problems in its environment, then yes, i will immediately remove it.

Yes, i am pretty sure that was an argument...
    Last edited by adnedarn; 08-01-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: merged 3 posts
    They're watching us. o.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was not an argument
    and by special lamp, what do you mean
    because it usually takes many fluorescent fixtures to provide enough light for a VFT
    or some T5 fixtures which are expensive as all get out.
    Edit:
    Also, please if your going to reply to multiple people do it in a single post, dont post multiple times...it irritates mods because they have to combine posts all the time, blah blah blah.
    Just edit a post if you have to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not an argument, it's the kind suggestions of others that if you follow through with your plan there is a %99.9 chance that chomp will croak. We wouldnt be suggesting you otherwise if this ideology hadn't been brought up in the past before. Do some searching in the VFT and Sarracenia threads. It'd be a shame to loose chomp. If you still feel that strong here is what I recommend to all growers who dont like the hard facts; grow 2 VFTs. Put chomp outside and the other indoors. You will see the difference come winter and the following spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chomp,
    I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, and like you, i really wanted my vft to grow INSIDE my terra... Let me tell you how it went...
    So i got it, was too happy to finally have a vft, i couldn't believe it... so i put it in the terra, with a s. dana's delight, and a darlingotnia and a whole bunch of other stuff that shouldn't be grown inside in a terra. All was well for the first month, maybe two, but even with 2 T5HO's, i was not able to get ANY redness inside the traps. And within a month or two more, they just withered and died.
    So go ahead, try it, but take it from us, we've had the experience of losing a plant, and we simply don't want you to have to go through the same ordeal as us. Like i said, i had 2x T5HO's and it still wasn't enough... you are warned
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chomp, the people here are just trying to help you out, you will save a lot on electricity costs from using natural sun as lighting, and your little plant will grow and be healthy. They are just offering you suggestions to keep your plant healthy, it's your decision whether you want the plant to thrive and be happy, or have it croak in unsuitable conditions. Your choice...
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chomp,

Well you know, this is a forum for people to come together and help each other! No ones here to babysit you. You have to be prepared for everything when you make a post to a public forum!

We Just want to help you, theres people here who are more experienced than me and you in many aspects. And for example I think I have a pretty good understanding of Nepenthes cultivation wise. But if there's someone to give me advice about neps, i listen because everyone has something good to contribute!

So when people tell you that Real light is better, its because it is! Sunlight has properties that man-made lighting lacks. It will contribute to stronger and more robust plants, and you'll have a better chance of them getting through dormancy!

This hobby requires good knowledge, and doing whats best if you can do it, and i'm sure you can do it. You can't get anywhere by being hard headed, its always good to welcome other people's opinions and advice.
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i think that i was kind of hooked to the idea of having the VFT in the terrarium, so when i heard that it probably wouldn't work, i got frustrated. The terrarium is sitting next to a rather sunny window, so in addition to the lamp, i do get plenty of natural light on it... Thanks for the help guys. Sorry i over reacted...
    I'll try and post a picture of the terrarium sometime!
    They're watching us. o.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to bring more bad news, but the glass of the window and tank would decrease the intensity of the sunlight. :x
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast