Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B52s . . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B52s . . .

Here are a few generous shots of Dionaea muscipula cv. B52, finally acquiring some nice Summer color, and definitely their fair share of prey -- growing fat and red on a diet of spiders, flies, and -- embarrassingly enough -- quite a number of bees and wasps this year. It is actually a rarity to see so many open traps at any given time, so it was an opportunity to snap some shots . . .

Dionaea muscipula cv. B52

“Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice indeed .... Thanks for the post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG!! They're just gorgeous!! (I don't know how to spell it. :P) The colours are so red! I love those red lines on the outside also! And ou have so many! :O That's so cool, thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon.B View Post
    OMG!! They're just gorgeous!! (I don't know how to spell it. :P) The colours are so red! I love those red lines on the outside also! And ou have so many! :O That's so cool, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks . . .

I divided most of my plants in early Spring (multiplied them by three as it turned out); and that is the result. Here is that very same set of pots in early Spring of 2009, just as they were coming out of dormancy:

Some of the other traits of this cultivar, aside from its large traps (the largest have been 5.5 cm / 2" so far this season) are the red bands on the trap's outer margin (my other cultivars never develop that, even in the same environment) and often more numerous trigger-hairs, numbering six or more. The traps are also quite long-lived and are capable of capturing upwards of twice the number of prey of the 'typical" form before a leaf dies.
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saweet. sp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VERY nice!
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very very cool, those divisions lookk great, although they're not really divisions anymore, hehe. 2 inch traps are huge... I hope my B52's I'll be getting grow to be like that. AWSOME plants, if I lived in the US I would be willing to buy some off you. Also, what soil mix do you use? It looks better then peat and perlite. (the "style" not quality, hehe) Thanks for posting!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast